Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   Union Force vs Burton Cartels (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/88913-union-force-vs-burton-cartels.html)

Nathanofficial 08-23-2013 02:52 AM

Union Force vs Burton Cartels
 
I Have a 2014 lib tech skate Banana. I can get the Forces pretty cheap. I would rather the Cartels. Any suggestions?

ek9max 09-02-2013 04:31 AM

Union force. Cartels are nice too. But I've had lots of friends had problems with the ladders.

Mystery2many 09-02-2013 04:55 AM

I have had both but sold the cartels because they were too stiff for me. What kind of riding do you do? And what kind of stiffness are you looking for?

I ride the 2013 force and I love how it feels but toe strap is a pain in the ass to pop loose riding up to the lift. If you can deal with that, then that's what I would suggest.

ek9max 09-02-2013 12:40 PM

Yea. It's just the toe strap that is tough sometimes.

But once you figure it out. It's always easy.

Instead of just pulling up on the one side of the buckle with your thumb. Pull AND PUSH down on the other side of the buckle. Pops out easy every time!

Mystery2many 09-02-2013 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ek9max (Post 1061329)
Yea. It's just the toe strap that is tough sometimes.

But once you figure it out. It's always easy.

Instead of just pulling up on the one side of the buckle with your thumb. Pull AND PUSH down on the other side of the buckle. Pops out easy every time!

Nice tip! I will definitely try that out. Thanks

ek9max 09-02-2013 01:09 PM

Use it like a lever. Works every time. Made go from being annoyed with the binding to loving it.

Mystery2many 09-02-2013 01:16 PM

Makes sense. Should have come with a "for dummies" booklet. lol :dizzy:

Extremo 09-02-2013 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathanofficial (Post 1046009)
I Have a 2014 lib tech skate Banana. I can get the Forces pretty cheap. I would rather the Cartels. Any suggestions?

Both good bindings. It really comes down to fit and preference of feel/flex. I had a problem with the Burton strap twisting as it tightened and stripping the ladder.

Alkasquawlik 09-02-2013 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Extremo (Post 1061561)
Both good bindings. It really comes down to fit and preference of feel/flex.

This, exactly this.

snowboarder421 09-03-2013 11:57 AM

I would say Union Force. my friend got Cartels and they were too stiff for him, as i saw someone else say earlier.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:05 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2