Rome 390 Boss Sizing - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2013, 10:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default Rome 390 Boss Sizing

Hi, I'm new here. This year I'm going to purchase the Rome 390 Boss Bindings and I was wondering about the sizing. I going to be wearing Rome Bodega Boots at size 9. So I'm not sure what size to get since apparently M and L both meet at size 9 boots. Would it be better to get something smaller or bigger? Thanks!
FaceplantMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-26-2013, 10:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
NWBoarder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Port Orchard, WA
Posts: 2,035
Blog Entries: 10
Default

Go with the S/M. They're plenty adjustable, so they'll fit your boot just fine.
__________________
Oh yeah!? Well, my mom says I'm cool!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceplantMaster View Post
Hi, I'm new here. This year I'm going to purchase the Rome 390 Boss Bindings and I was wondering about the sizing. I going to be wearing Rome Bodega Boots at size 9. So I'm not sure what size to get since apparently M and L both meet at size 9 boots. Would it be better to get something smaller or bigger? Thanks!
Can you take your boots to the board shop and try them? I'd go with a medium if you can get away with it. I had those bindings with size 10 and they were huge.

I hope they've improved those bindings since I bought them a few years ago. I spent so much time bitching to Rome I wouldn't sport their gear if they gave it to me. Maybe I just got a shitty pair

Everyone here seems to talk them up.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallV82 View Post
Can you take your boots to the board shop and try them? I'd go with a medium if you can get away with it. I had those bindings with size 10 and they were huge.

I hope they've improved those bindings since I bought them a few years ago. I spent so much time bitching to Rome I wouldn't sport their gear if they gave it to me. Maybe I just got a shitty pair

Everyone here seems to talk them up.
I just might do that, but it seems like I could just buy a medium right now, my closest board shop is like an hour away so I didn't want to make the trip if I didn't have to.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with them, I do keep hearing they're super high quality too which is part of the reason I chose them over the Union Forces or Burton Cartels
FaceplantMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
MarshallV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Golden, CO
Posts: 758
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceplantMaster View Post
I just might do that, but it seems like I could just buy a medium right now, my closest board shop is like an hour away so I didn't want to make the trip if I didn't have to.

Sorry you had such a bad experience with them, I do keep hearing they're super high quality too which is part of the reason I chose them over the Union Forces or Burton Cartels
I'm sure NWBoarder is right, I bet you could just get a medium if the trip is inconvenient. Hopefully some others come in to validate. Like I said my size 10 boots were swimming in the Large 390s.
MarshallV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWBoarder View Post
Go with the S/M. They're plenty adjustable, so they'll fit your boot just fine.
Yeah they seemed to be from some of the reviews I found, anyways thank you for your input.
FaceplantMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 08:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
SnowOwl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Bear Mountain
Posts: 871
Default

I rock the Bosses. I use a L/XL with a size 10/10.5 boot and honestly...they could be a bit smaller. It's pretty common for people to rock a S/M with these bindings wearing either my size or close to it because of it's adjustability
SnowOwl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member
 
Triple8Sol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 4,067
Blog Entries: 2
Default

It depends on your boot, but it's a tough call because you fall right in the middle. Honestly I'd suggest going with the L/XL because the toe strap length can cause pinching issues on the sides of your toebox if you like to strap in tight. Only problem is the larger chassis will leave room for some lateral freeplay within the binding, which is why I've gone completely away from Rome's metal bindings after owning and loving several pairs of 390's and Targas over the years.
__________________
15 LibTech TRS HP . 15 Gnu Billy Goat . 15 NS Snowtrooper . 15 NS Ripsaw . 13 Salomon Pow Snake
14 Now Drive . 13 Now IPO
14 Flow Hylite


Official Gear List: http://www.snowboardingforum.com/blo...gear-list.html
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:30 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums