Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/)
-   -   New setup, tips? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/bindings/94513-new-setup-tips.html)

jester0110 09-30-2013 05:50 PM

New setup, tips?
 
Hey guys, just bought a Burton Mr. Nice Guy 152 which has the Channel mounting system.

These are what I am looking at:

Bindings:
Burton Mission EST
Burton Cartel EST

Boots:
Burton Ambush
Burton Ruler
K2 Maysis

I am a comfortable double black rider and I am just getting into the park scene, which is why I bought a true twin board. What do you recommend for a decent all mountain rider but beginner freestyle rider?

poutanen 09-30-2013 05:53 PM

I like Cartels for freestyle but that's a personal preference (I've got them on a Custom).

For boots, BUY THE ONES THAT FIT!!!

jester0110 09-30-2013 05:59 PM

Another quick unrelated question..I know Mr Nice Guy replaced Love only a couple years ago..how come it isn't on Burton's website? Has it been discontinued already?

bseracka 09-30-2013 06:43 PM

Fyi- the channel does not restrict you to only est bindings. Most brands include or offer a channel mounting disc including the Burton reflex bindings. Buying nonest bindings will give you more options and versatility.

jester0110 10-08-2013 01:14 PM

I was looking at all bindings but I got a great deal on Burton Custom EST bindings. So far I have

Burton Mr Nice Guy
Burton Custom EST Bindings

Would it matter if I got boots that were a bit stiffer? Like a 6 or 7? Because I think both my board and bindings are in the 4-5 flex rating.

linvillegorge 10-08-2013 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jester0110 (Post 1139873)
I was looking at all bindings but I got a great deal on Burton Custom EST bindings. So far I have

Burton Mr Nice Guy
Burton Custom EST Bindings

Would it matter if I got boots that were a bit stiffer? Like a 6 or 7? Because I think both my board and bindings are in the 4-5 flex rating.

The reason you got a "great deal" on those bindings is because they're junk. If you were bound and determined to stick with Burton, you should've gotten some Cartels or Malavitas.

DCsnow 10-08-2013 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1139881)
The reason you got a "great deal" on those bindings is because they're junk. If you were bound and determined to stick with Burton, you should've gotten some Cartels or Malavitas.

yeah unfortunately anything below the cartel pricepoint gets sketchy on the build quality

jester0110 10-08-2013 04:06 PM

Haha well thanks for the quick replies..I just cancelled the order. Looking to get Malavita's

poutanen 10-08-2013 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCsnow (Post 1140297)
yeah unfortunately anything below the cartel pricepoint gets sketchy on the build quality

:icon_scratch::icon_scratch::icon_scratch:

hktrdr 10-08-2013 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linvillegorge (Post 1139881)
The reason you got a "great deal" on those bindings is because they're junk. If you were bound and determined to stick with Burton, you should've gotten some Cartels or Malavitas.

On what basis do you say that. "Lower end" Burton bindings esp. the Mission and Customs have pretty much the same solid construction (other than slightly lower end ratchets), just fewer features.

Hint: If dcsnow says the same thing, it is time to re-consider your post ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:47 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2