Burton White topsheet question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 12:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
schwapp

Default Burton White topsheet question

looking to purchase an 08 custom from burton. Noticed a lot of the topsheets on the used models have a bunch of ugly black scuffs on the top. Does this happen pretty easily or is it just user error. I know boards are going to get scratched and stuff, but I dont want to buy a board then in one year have it looks like crap
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I don't think it will matter because it looks like you will be making poses in the lodge all day anyways.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
schwapp

haha okay...been riding for about 8-9 years in out west terrain and not much I can't board on....let me guess your the weird "I hate burton" guy who makes stupid ignorant statements about anyone who wants to ride a burton board. adive: next time your going to post something like that...know the rider who your ripping on so you don't make yourself look like an idiot, if your not going to answer the question then go away and dont leave a stupid statement
Old 12-14-2008, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
kyouness

i don't think he meant anything about the burton brand.

he's talking more in the vicinity of how stupid it is to worry so much about how a board will look after using it. boards are meant to be shredded and all boards are going to look scuffed up and worn by the time the season comes to an end if you do any decent riding at all. you'd think after 8-9 years of riding you'd know this by now.

...and it's "you're," not "your."
Old 12-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
schwapp

nah both of you are tools
Old 12-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
schwapp

and it happens to be important to take care of the board. Scuffing a board and scratching/beating it is neglecting a product you paid good money for. Ride hard and take care of the product. If the product is going to scratch easily, not hold up to a good days riding, then it will look beat to s**t after a days riding. Then, your once nice white board looks like 10 year old junk....again answer the question...neither of you provided any beneficial information except looking dumb
Old 12-14-2008, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
falconis

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwapp View Post
and it happens to be important to take care of the board. Scuffing a board and scratching/beating it is neglecting a product you paid good money for. Ride hard and take care of the product. If the product is going to scratch easily, not hold up to a good days riding, then it will look beat to s**t after a days riding. Then, your once nice white board looks like 10 year old junk....again answer the question...neither of you provided any beneficial information except looking dumb
on this forum its recuired to stay polite...
btw: i second your opnion and the opnion of the previous posts.
your board won't be shiny new forever , doesn't mean you have
to treat it like garbage , just take care of it.
Old 12-14-2008, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
steiner

summary:
1. dont spend too much time worrying about what your board will look like
2. you did pay good money for the board so do take care of it
3. the burton customs are no differnt than any other burton topsheets, its condition will reflect how you treat it