question RE: Duck stance. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 06:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default question RE: Duck stance.

So i have been attempting to ride switch.. the threads on learning switch has helped greatly. So i began my transition to duck at +15 -9 then -12 i quickly progressed (in normal riding) and slowly progressed in switch..
The other day i went out i went with +15 -15 and my switched seemed to be a little better.. My rotations while jumping and landing got better.. However when riding regularly i felt i was not getting over to my heel side like i use to. i would feel more comfortable on my toe side (also in switch)

Could this be because my toes are covering more of my effective edge than my heels do?
does anyone else have this problem?
Im thinking about keeping this set up and seeing how it goes. It may have been due to a new set up and i was just geting use to it or i will end up going back to -12
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 06:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

That's why so much of boarding is just personal preference. You just have to ride whichever way is best for you. If you're having trouble with 15/-15, try something else. No one can tell you what is going to work best.

I personally feel like I have more control when my feet are not ducky, but I like to ride switch so I just stuck with it and eventually it got better.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
That's why so much of boarding is just personal preference. You just have to ride whichever way is best for you. If you're having trouble with 15/-15, try something else. No one can tell you what is going to work best.

I personally feel like I have more control when my feet are not ducky, but I like to ride switch so I just stuck with it and eventually it got better.
yea i figured i would just get comfy with it.. as i did with 15 -12 so well see what happens thanks for the input
NYCboarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I used to ride something like 12/0 before I rode switch more. It took a while to get used to, but I like it more now that I have. I think it's something you really won't know that you like unless you give it a chance for a few trips.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
BCsnowboardchik

I used to ride +15+6 so going duck was pretty weird, but it felt great in no time esp since I am really working on spins and switch (well trying to )

Personally I find +15-15 a bit too extreme for me and I go about -6 or -9. I have now set my bindings to the opposite stance just for switch riding practice.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I feel awkward riding switch if it isn't the same setting for both feet. It doesn't feel natural.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
SnowBun

i tried +15/-15 and it felt very awkward to me. My preference for switch now is +15/-3 or -6. But that's just me

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I'm also ambidextrous
Old 12-15-2008, 07:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

I might be having the same issue, as lately if been having just initiating my turns. Im at 15/15 now with a 26 inch stance ( know a bit extreme).Lately I can't transfer from heel to toe quickly enough. So im thinking of maybe going 12/12 or 12/9 and narrowing my stance. Does anyone think this might be the reason that Im having issues transfering the weight?
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Narrowing your stance probably won't help with that, but bringing your angles down and increasing your toe/heel overhang should give you more control.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:21 AM   #10 (permalink)

Cool ..I definetly try that, thanks
laz167 is offline   Reply With Quote