Never Summer Evo R ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 08:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
h2o119906

Default Never Summer Evo R ?

I think I might grab up one of these. I've been riding a demo model from last year for the past week. It's a 158, which is big for me at 5'8'' 150 lbs. I prefer a 154, but the Evo only comes in a 155 and then a 153. I'm wodering what size is best. I have a size 10 boot, so the extra width of the 155 is definitely a plus. But I've read that with the rocker and camber Never Summers you can ride em' shorter than normal. Any thoughts? I've also been looking at the SL-R too because I do a lot of riding out of the park, but kinda just like the looks of the Evo R better...and I've been riding one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 08:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Evo is more of a park board, so a 153 definately for your size. If you do riding out of the Park SL-R is probably mroe your thing..i'd still stick with 153 or 155.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
h2o119906

Honestly, the SL R sounds pretty ideal for my riding style, but damn, I don't know if I can live with the graphics. I hate to base a board purchase on graphics, but they just really don't do anything for me.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2o119906 View Post
Honestly, the SL R sounds pretty ideal for my riding style, but damn, I don't know if I can live with the graphics. I hate to base a board purchase on graphics, but they just really don't do anything for me.
Really? I felt the exact opposite. Simple yet bold, doesnt look like a damn lemon lime can going down the mountain like a Banana though i guess if thats your thing
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 08:44 PM   #5 (permalink)
h2o119906

The SL-R definitely has that more refined/classy look to it. I guess that's cool if that's your thing. I'm not really crazy abouy any of the Never Summer Graphics, but it seems as though they make up for what they lack in aesthetics with function. Rocker and Camber tech seems to be the hottest shit going.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
alf

I wouldn't not buy the SL-R because of its graphics, but they do lean pretty far onto the "safe" side. I think I liked last year's Neversummer lineup better, graphics-wise.

At least the SL-R styling won't go wildly out of style. Can't say that about the skulls and stuff on the evo.
alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
h2o119906

Quote:
Originally Posted by alf View Post
I wouldn't not buy the SL-R because of its graphics, but they do lean pretty far onto the "safe" side. I think I liked last year's Neversummer lineup better, graphics-wise.

At least the SL-R styling won't go wildly out of style. Can't say that about the skulls and stuff on the evo.
All valid points. I kinda like the skulls, but how long will that last. It's just the whole mountain scene thing on the SL-R that I dislike. It just reminds me of some kind of cheesey circa-1995 snowboard. Too bad I can't just get a blank one or something. *sigh* nothing's ever perfect.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
justBINDER

Quote:
I think I might grab up one of these. I've been riding a demo model from last year for the past week. It's a 158, which is big for me at 5'8'' 150 lbs. I prefer a 154, but the Evo only comes in a 155 and then a 153. I'm wodering what size is best. I have a size 10 boot, so the extra width of the 155 is definitely a plus. But I've read that with the rocker and camber Never Summers you can ride em' shorter than normal. Any thoughts? I've also been looking at the SL-R too because I do a lot of riding out of the park, but kinda just like the looks of the Evo R better...and I've been riding one.
Go for the EVO...It is a good board in the park. And still very capable of out side the park.
With a rocker board you can ride up to 5 inches smaller than your regular size.
I ride a Skate Banana Lib Tech and its a 152.
I would normally be riding a 157-158.

And dont be afraid to take the risk of going an inch shorter. It defintley a plus on the rocker boards.

Just throwing this out there...But when you go down hill. You can literally just spin your board to go in a circle. You dont have to go on an edge at all. Its really cool. Its like spinning a basketball on the street..

Last edited by justBINDER; 12-15-2008 at 12:07 AM.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
h2o119906

Quote:
Originally Posted by justBINDER View Post
Go for the EVO...It is a good board in the park. And still very capable of out side the park.
With a rocker board you can ride up to 5 inches smaller than your regular size.
I ride a Skate Banana Lib Tech and its a 152.
I would normally be riding a 157-158.

And dont be afraid to take the risk of going an inch shorter. It defintley a plus on the rocker boards.

Just throwing this out there...But when you go down hill. You can literally just spin your board to go in a circle. You dont have to go on an edge at all. Its really cool. Its like spinning a basketball on the street..
thanks. It just says the 153 Evo have a 24.35 waist width vs. the 155 evo with a 25.1 waist. With a size 10 boot, I would really like something closer to 25 width.

Oh, and I have caught edge on it buttering, which I didn't think was possible. But I learned the hard way.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
justBINDER

Quote:
thanks. It just says the 153 Evo have a 24.35 waist width vs. the 155 evo with a 25.1 waist. With a size 10 boot, I would really like something closer to 25 width.

Oh, and I have caught edge on it buttering, which I didn't think was possible. But I learned the hard way.
Its a cool thing to have on your boards.