Base Repair with P-TEX 1st time questions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2008, 11:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dirtyeggroll

Default Base Repair with P-TEX 1st time questions

Frist off i have the 09 Burton Bullet, and i have done research about it, but i can't find out if its extruded or sintered base. If it is sintered that means that i dont have to wax it as much right? (Considering I go snowboarding once a week.)

So after one time out with the new board, i obviously cut up the base pretty good. So I bought some P -Tex and decided to try and fix it. I scraped the base first with the metal scraper, then applied P-Tex to the deep crevices, and finally scraped it off with my plastic scraper. Are those the correct steps to successfully repair the base?

I also noticed that after i was finished scraping the excess P-Tex off, i could still see where i dripped the P-Tex earlier, but it felt much smoother. Is this normal, to be able to still see where your dripped the P-Tex? (I have clear P-Tex if that matters)

Lastly, is there any rule of thumb as to how much you should scrape off the P-Tex? is it just until it feels level with the base?
Any additional tips or advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dirtyeggroll

one more question...

the noises when i was scraping the excess P-Tex off, didnt sound so nice haha. Is that normal or am i applying to much pressure. This was my first time so i'm not too sure how much pressure to apply.
Old 12-15-2008, 12:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
burton7526

you pretty much have the correct order down. You dont necessarily have to sctape off the excess wax to start off. Using a brillo pad wold be fine, just buffing out what you already have. Then you add the p-tex and scrape it off. I know if sounds like your sliding your board across pavement but your doing it right no worries. Your going to see the p-tex no matter what because after its lit the p-tex is not going to be clear from the flame burning it. I know that the burton webiste has an excellent video for waxing and tuning boards. (thats where i learned everything). I hope this helps!
Old 12-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
Dirtyeggroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by burton7526 View Post
you pretty much have the correct order down. You dont necessarily have to sctape off the excess wax to start off. Using a brillo pad wold be fine, just buffing out what you already have. Then you add the p-tex and scrape it off. I know if sounds like your sliding your board across pavement but your doing it right no worries. Your going to see the p-tex no matter what because after its lit the p-tex is not going to be clear from the flame burning it. I know that the burton webiste has an excellent video for waxing and tuning boards. (thats where i learned everything). I hope this helps!
thanky you very much