Help me find my 2014 board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 10:48 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Help me find my 2014 board?

I'm kinda bummed. My Arbor Westmark, Victoria, has some significant damage. I broke the tail doing some tamedogs. I epoxied it back together with shredded paper used as filler for the core that chipped out. The top sheet and bottom are pulled apart at the tail, but I'll see what it looks like in the morning.

Anyways, it's looking like I might need a new board. I am looking for a board that can handle up to 45' gaps or so, and rails. My Arbor Westmark handled both jumps and rails pretty well, and I'd like to see if I can find something similar.

I've been browsing other threads before posting this, and I didn't really find exactly what I needed for this year. Sorry I had to open a new thread.

For profile, I've ridden rocker for the past two years. I'd like to try hybrid or camber though; I'm open to anything.

I ride small hills in the midwest, and I ride about 90% park and 10% all mtn. I'd rate myself at intermediate to advanced skill level in park-style riding. The snow I ride can be sometimes icy, and snow-cone ish. Rarely, do I ride on a day where I'd need powder float.

I am 5'10'' or so, but I only weigh 135 lbs. The past boards I have had both were 153 cm. I don't mind going a couple cm shorter, but any longer wouldn't help.

I already have an older board that is really jibby for days where I just make laps through rails, so I'd say overall I'm looking for for a jump that can handle some medium to larger jumps with good stability, but doesn't ride like a 2 x 4.
Thanks, and sorry about the first time post on this account. I lost the password to my old one, Moe_Lester.

Last edited by HughJayness; 10-31-2013 at 10:50 PM.
HughJayness is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2013, 10:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

CAPiTA DOA 154?
hoots_manuva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 11:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

I think you might like

Rome Agent Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2014
Rome Reverb Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2014
YES. SNOWBOARDS The Asym

If you wanna try some hybrid shapes the Agent rocker is CRC camber rocker camber and will be more like the rocker you are currently riding. The Agent has a good stiffness so its going to be more stable on larger jumps. I really like the Reverb rocker which is the same CRC shape but this deck is softer so a little better for jibbing. Not quite as stable on large jumps but medium to small no problem. The Asym is basically the new name of "The greats" series. This board has the opposite hybrid profile being a RCR rocker camber rocker. Another good all rounder but probably the worst for jibbing out of these three with the camber between your feet. However this will probably be the best board for jumps. So just some different ideas. Cheers!
CheesemonkE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheesemonkE View Post
I think you might like

Rome Agent Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2014
Rome Reverb Rocker Snowboard | Rome Snowboard Design Syndicate 2014
YES. SNOWBOARDS The Asym

If you wanna try some hybrid shapes the Agent rocker is CRC camber rocker camber and will be more like the rocker you are currently riding. The Agent has a good stiffness so its going to be more stable on larger jumps. I really like the Reverb rocker which is the same CRC shape but this deck is softer so a little better for jibbing. Not quite as stable on large jumps but medium to small no problem. The Asym is basically the new name of "The greats" series. This board has the opposite hybrid profile being a RCR rocker camber rocker. Another good all rounder but probably the worst for jibbing out of these three with the camber between your feet. However this will probably be the best board for jumps. So just some different ideas. Cheers!
You da man. That asym looks absoulutely fantastic.
Old 11-01-2013, 06:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HughJayness View Post
You da man. That asym looks absoulutely fantastic.
Its a fair bit stiffer than your Westmark and also predominantly camber. Its going to feel like a lot more board.

Some stuff I'd recommend would be the Rossi Retox, Salomon Villain, Flow Era, K2 Fastplant, Burton Parkitect, Nitro Rook, Bataleon Whatever, or an Echelon Orion.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 04:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

I really like that Echelon. But they are really tough to get a hold of in WI. Usually have to buy online. That Bataleon looks good in reviews too.

I still don't trust Flow with anything, though. My friend's Flow board only got out around 15 times before half the edging separated.

I've also been looking at the 2012/13 Forum boards, just because of their reputation. Does anyone know if they live up to it?
Old 11-03-2013, 08:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I would also suggest checking out the Signal Omni and Slash Happy Place.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Fire on Ice...and Powder!

Did nobody else find it amusing that a guy with the name "HughJayness" started his first post with "I'm kinda bummed."?

Uh, yah, I guess you are by definition buddy.
GreyDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #9 (permalink)

Subliminal messaging.
Old 11-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Here's what I ended up with: On Sale Forum Youngblood Doubledog Snowboard 152 2013

Thanks for all the help! I almost bought the Yes Asym.