4 board choices, help me choose 1 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2008, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
h2o119906

Red face 4 board choices, help me choose 1

This is what I have narrowed it down to for board choices. I do mostly freeriding but would like to get more into park riding and enjoy buttering and crap like that. I wan't something fun, nimble, but also totally capable of bombing hills and throwing carves at speed.

Never Summer Evo-R
Never Summer SL-R
Rome Agent
Rome Anthem

(Extra choices: Rome Postermania or Solution)

Or possibly something from Salomon...

Last edited by h2o119906; 12-15-2008 at 06:54 PM. Reason: to edit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2008, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Only one I ever owned of that group is the Rome Anthem. Bought it in '04 and I still use it. It was so good that I only looked at Rome for my next board.

I don't do park or anything, so I can't comment on how it might work for that if you're into park.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
h2o119906

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flick Montana View Post
Only one I ever owned of that group is the Rome Anthem. Bought it in '04 and I still use it. It was so good that I only looked at Rome for my next board.

I don't do park or anything, so I can't comment on how it might work for that if you're into park.
I see the Anthem being a lot like the Burton Custom, which I have had two of. And that's a good thing. I've been riding a loner Evo-R and love the rocker and skatey feel, but not sure if i want that as my daily rider.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:02 PM   #4 (permalink)
steiner

NS SL-R is a lot more well rounded if you want to hit the parks but still bang out a few double and triple blacks. the NS Evo-R is bangin too, but a lot more park focused. I would say go with the SL-R for a good park and slope deck
Old 12-15-2008, 07:05 PM   #5 (permalink)
h2o119906

Quote:
Originally Posted by steiner View Post
NS SL-R is a lot more well rounded if you want to hit the parks but still bang out a few double and triple blacks. the NS Evo-R is bangin too, but a lot more park focused. I would say go with the SL-R for a good park and slope deck
I have heard so many raves about the SL-R. Interesting how not a single Never Summer deck received a TW Snow Good Wood rating. that thing must be rigged.

I didn't even know there was such a thing as a triple black diamond. Not in VT anyway.
Old 12-15-2008, 07:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
steiner

i havent ever seen one myself, but thats cause i live in maryland. i dont even have mountains near by. ive only heard of the magical and mythical triple black so i figure they are out there somewhere
Old 12-15-2008, 07:12 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Don't put too much into the good wood rating. It's just an intra-industry pat on the back award, if I'm not mistaken.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote