Sorry to ask the same old old question. I have a little twist tho ;-) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 04:37 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Default Sorry to ask the same old old question. I have a little twist tho ;-)

Hello to all, I have joined the forum in order to try and finally make a decision on a new board.

Now I'm not after anyone to say you want this board it will be the best for you as I understand everyone is individual and what might work for someone will not work for someone else.
What I am after are peoples ideas and suggestions.

I am amateur at best however thoroughly enjoy my yearly holiday and each year feel I progress that little bit more.

I currently have a k2 brigade 159 wide, k2 sonic bindings and burton ruler boots.
That is the set up I have ridden for the last three trips and it definitely got me hooked on snowboarding.

I am after a board that is of a more playful design, I want to progress with my little jumps in the park and on the piste.

My holidays are always at resorts so we go through a park a couple of times every year, our off piste is mostly cutting between pistes and the rest is spent on chair lifts and pistes.

So any suggestions or ideas of boards for me to look at would be much appreciated. I have been looking myself but have way overthought the process and would like some fresh I put.

I know people like pictures but here is our holiday video from last year for your entertainment may it be laughter or enjoyment.

Tignes January 2013 on Vimeo
Togsticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-04-2013, 06:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,190
Default

Your video got me stoked to go riding! Yeaaaahhhh!

The Brigade is a flat rock model, which tends to be a very stable and catch free design (but not very energetic). They are fairly playful boards so we need to think a little about where to go from here.

Please post up your weight an foot size and we will all get you some suggestions.


Thanks for the vid!
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Default

I'm glad you liked the vid ( I didn't make the vid my friend did so I can't take credit ) thought it might entice a few more responses than just a bunch of boring writing.

I'm 190 pounds and actual foot size is 28cm

I will have to check the actual size of the boots which I can grab tomorrow.


The brigade board like I said did its job in getting me hooked on boarding but I found it very easy to catch an edge with it, I thought that was related to the mainly flat base however I'm now thinking it was much more likely to be my technique.
Togsticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togsticles View Post
I'm glad you liked the vid ( I didn't make the vid my friend did so I can't take credit ) thought it might entice a few more responses than just a bunch of boring writing.

I'm 190 pounds and actual foot size is 28cm

I will have to check the actual size of the boots which I can grab tomorrow.


The brigade board like I said did its job in getting me hooked on boarding but I found it very easy to catch an edge with it, I thought that was related to the mainly flat base however I'm now thinking it was much more likely to be my technique.
Flat Rock boards tend to be on the looser side but this varies a bit by the amount of Flat. The more Flat, the more stable but the less loose (and the less catch free). The Brigade is pretty neutral in that regard.

Are you looking to gain some extra energy out of your next board? That is the biggest drawback to Flat Rock (lack of energy) and we can certainly suggest some boards that will help there.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Default

When I first started this post more energy isn't what I was thinking but, the more I think about it I believe that might be what I'm after.

I may be expecting a bit much from a new board, however I was sold the brigade as a beginner board and would need to upgrade at some point.
Togsticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
ttc
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Flat Rock boards tend to be on the looser side but this varies a bit by the amount of Flat. The more Flat, the more stable but the less loose (and the less catch free). The Brigade is pretty neutral in that regard.

Are you looking to gain some extra energy out of your next board? That is the biggest drawback to Flat Rock (lack of energy) and we can certainly suggest some boards that will help there.
So sorry to hijack a thread...but I noticed this answer and have been wondering the same things about my change in boards this year. I previously rode a K2 Anagram 163 Wide, which if I remember is a pretty flat board from the description. I'm upgrading to a Lib Tech Attack Banana...but don't know what to expect (haven't gotten it on the mountain yet, no snow ). What are the main differences I'll experience?
ttc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Togsticles View Post
When I first started this post more energy isn't what I was thinking but, the more I think about it I believe that might be what I'm after.

I may be expecting a bit much from a new board, however I was sold the brigade as a beginner board and would need to upgrade at some point.
Flat Rock certainly has its compromises. Are you looking at any brands in particular. I will be happy to suggest a great model in a favorite brand.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
Wiredsport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,190
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttc View Post
So sorry to hijack a thread...but I noticed this answer and have been wondering the same things about my change in boards this year. I previously rode a K2 Anagram 163 Wide, which if I remember is a pretty flat board from the description. I'm upgrading to a Lib Tech Attack Banana...but don't know what to expect (haven't gotten it on the mountain yet, no snow ). What are the main differences I'll experience?
Sure. The attack Banana is EC2 (which is a variation of Camber Rocker Camber). This design brings back a good deal of the energy that was lost in original rocker boards with the addition of the 2 cambers (cambers are essentially stored energy). The design remains loose do to the overall rocker profile. This is a very light very snappy board.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Default

This is the main reason that I joined the forum to get some fresh ideas as I have been looking at burton and lib techs, not because I love the brands but because they seem to be the most heavily advertised and talked about.


I would be very interested in your recommendations or ideas tho whoever the manufacturer is.
Togsticles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
ttc
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 51
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredsport View Post
Sure. The attack Banana is EC2 (which is a variation of Camber Rocker Camber). This design brings back a good deal of the energy that was lost in original rocker boards with the addition of the 2 cambers (cambers are essentially stored energy). The design remains loose do to the overall rocker profile. This is a very light very snappy board.
So I'll definitely have plenty more pop, but I should watch my edges more...is what I'm hearing? A bit more or a lot more?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Togsticles View Post
This is the main reason that I joined the forum to get some fresh ideas as I have been looking at burton and lib techs, not because I love the brands but because they seem to be the most heavily advertised and talked about.


I would be very interested in your recommendations or ideas tho whoever the manufacturer is.
Good luck to you my man.
ttc is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums