T. Rice HP vs Attack Banana - My Dilemma - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2013, 08:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default T. Rice HP vs Attack Banana - My Dilemma

Okay, so just another comparison/recommendation thread. I know that these are very different boards, but here are my thoughts:

I used to own a T. Rice HP and loved it for bombing and carving. Going through the choppy stuff felt like floating with no issues. As I progressed to the park I started to enjoy playing and felt my T. Rice was a little stiff so I got rid of it. Now that I have more experience I really miss my T. Rice and its stability at speed.

Based upon reviews, they say the Attack Banana is great at high speeds, yet offers a little more versatility that can be found in the park. I realize this thing won't handle quite like the T. Rice, but will it hold up? The TRS is out as it's too narrow and my boot is a Burton shrink tech size 12.

So should I go with the T. Rice HP again and just muscle my way through the few jibs that I will be hitting and enjoying the bombing or side with the Attack Banana and enjoy perhaps more versatility and a playful ride while still being damp and solid. By the way, I dont really care about a TNT base as I might prefer not waxing everytime I go out anyway.

About Me:

East coast riding
30 years old, 6'2, 200 pounds

Style:

25% jumps
10% jibs
25% bombing
40% cruising/play
kdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

I won't give advice as it will sound biased, but if your looking for a Trice I am selling mine.

Snowboard 2013 Libtech T-rice pro 157 HP with Missions
MGD81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:02 PM   #3 (permalink)

I guess I'm looking for someone that has ridden an Attack Banana to give me some feedback.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #4 (permalink)

I bought an Attack Banana for this season but unfortunately no snow yet so I can't say much. There are a few members here that has or had one. I'm afraid this might turn into a extruded vs sinister debate. Hope I didn't just jinx that :P
l1th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If edge hold on ice is a concern, go for the Trice. I rode an AB for a season. And if you want to get into a sintered vs tnt base debate.........chalk me up for being a fan of sintered. I won't buy another tnt base. I percieve them as being slower than sintered and I like speed (were talking 70km/h plus range)
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
If edge hold on ice is a concern, go for the Trice. I rode an AB for a season. And if you want to get into a sintered vs tnt base debate.........chalk me up for being a fan of sintered. I won't buy another tnt base. I percieve them as being slower than sintered and I like speed (were talking 70km/h plus range)
So thoughts on the AB? I am somewhat concerned about the mellow mag vs the T. Rice. My decision is about more than the base so lets exclude that.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdirt View Post
So thoughts on the AB? I am somewhat concerned about the mellow mag vs the T. Rice. My decision is about more than the base so lets exclude that.
Mellow Magnetraction is still 10x better than anything else out there - some people actually prefer the less 'grabby' feel of the less aggressive versions.

Plenty of reviews/discussion on the AB (including from me) - RTFF.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 12:06 AM   #8 (permalink)

After scouring this forum and the web it seems there are too many people that are indifferent on the Attack Banana. I can get one brand new 2013 for $350 so I was trying to justify the purchase, but I'll just pony up the $500 on the 2013 T. Rice HP and at least know what I'm getting. Its a great price either way.

I'm also leaning toward picking up a NS Proto HD to see if all the hype is real. If I love one more than the other then I'll just sell one. Thanks for the advice from everyone.