Another "which one" thread: Nitro Misfit or Rome Agenda - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
niterider

Default Another "which one" thread: Nitro Misfit or Rome Agenda

Hello guys,
another beginner here buying his first board... I've spent a lot of time gathering information and have done my homework So I'd be glad if I could get some opinions from you... here's what I've got:

My weight's about 135lbs and I'm a beginner/intermediate, started last winter and been only renting so far. I've found good deals on these 2 boards:
- Rome Agenda 07/08 152
- Nitro Misfit 152 (probably also 07/08, definately not this year's model)

I'm quite sure the length is OK for my weight. I know these are both twintip boards, I'm not sure how much it matters now when I'm still learning and what's the difference when I actually get to the point where I can tell it I'd like to do a bit of everything, probably mostly freeride, but I'm kind of ambidexterous and I might like riding switch a lot and generally have fun riding all kinds of ways

Do you think I'm making a mistake picking a Freestyle board, maybe All-mountain would be better for me? I couldn't find a good deal for any such board right now though..

An important factor for me is the weight of the board, as I'm kinda skinny I want it to be as light as possible. I've read posts on this forum about both boards saying they're both very light, but BurtonAvenger expresses different opinion about the Misfit in his Bunch of Reviews thread.

Pricewise, the Misfit seems to be the more expensive board, but I can get it cheaper for about $200, the agenda is for about $300 (I'm from europe..I think the prices are much lower in the US...). So if I was to decide according to price only, I'd pick the Misfit, but I want to pick the better board even if it costs a bit more.

So what do you think? Any opinion will be highly appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2008, 06:57 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

If you're a beginner I'd stay away from the Misfit. Its a really agressive board...When they say intermediate/expert they mean it. Don't really know much about the Rome
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sick-Gnar

id go rome over nitro any day son.
Old 12-18-2008, 03:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
niterider

Thanks for the input! I realized I made a mistake, its not Rome Agenda, its Ride I always mix up these 2... Anyone who can recommend this board/comment on its weight?