Snowboard Choices - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2008, 11:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Juice2Boost

Default Snowboard Choices

ive been snowboarding for about 5 years now, going 2-3 times a year......i consider myself an intermediate and can ride all mountain and even have a good session in the park....

today i went to sports authority to try to get a new setup cuz i have a decent amount of store credit there and im not looking to spend tons of money on a board....i rode a Lamar for a couple of years and did very fine with it...

i came across 3 boards but i cant find no feedback on any of them....
first was the Ride Impact....seemed like a good board, Ride has a good reputable name, and the priced seemed to be decent
Ride Impact Snowboard 2008 : Snowboards | evo

second was the K2 Illusion......seemed a little more flimsy then the ride, again K2 is a good name brand, and price seemed decent
https://www.evogear.com/snowboards/k...oard-2008.aspx

third was Morrow Radium.....never heard of Morrow, Seemed like a real well put together board, was a little cheaper then other 2
Morrow Radium 146 Snowboard (2009) Product

any info on any of these boards would be awesome...thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 12:09 AM   #2 (permalink)

I dont know about the Ride or K2 but I had a Morrow Radium in 01'. That is still one of my favorite directional twins I've ever had. It was super light and flexy and the tail had mad pop. I think Morrow has been sold to another manufacturer who bought the name I not sure though, they used to be made on Vashon Island by K2, but are made in China now. If its built the same it should be a good board but I cant be sure.
In search for I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Juice2Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by In search for I View Post
I dont know about the Ride or K2 but I had a Morrow Radium in 01'. That is still one of my favorite directional twins I've ever had. It was super light and flexy and the tail had mad pop. I think Morrow has been sold to another manufacturer who bought the name I not sure though, they used to be made on Vashon Island by K2, but are made in China now. If its built the same it should be a good board but I cant be sure.
still says at the bottem of their website "K2 Sports 2008. Morrow is a registered trademark of K-2 Corporation. All Rights Reserved."

the quality of the board was good?.....looked like a great board for the price
Old 12-18-2008, 12:41 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2Boost View Post
still says at the bottem of their website "K2 Sports 2008. Morrow is a registered trademark of K-2 Corporation. All Rights Reserved."

the quality of the board was good?.....looked like a great board for the price
Yeah it was a great board, it was the first cap board I ever had and I was really impressed. The reason I wasnt sure about the quality and the manufacturer was that you dont see any pros rockin Morrows anymore, no pro models or anything. Usually when you see that it means the brand merged or has been bought out by mass producer that makes a dozen different board lines that are all the same just labeled different. If its still owned by K2 I would buy another one if it was a good deal.
In search for I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Morrow is one of K2's junk divisions now.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Juice2Boost

bump....^^ ya so the Ride or the K2 u think is better?.....i know they not top of the line boards, its from sports authority....i just dont feel like spending crazy money because im not hardcore into riding...i go mabe 5 times a season if that
Old 12-18-2008, 08:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Juice2Boost

i also see they have a couple of SIMS boards....whats the deal with them?