SIMS Boards? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 08:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
Juice2Boost

Default SIMS Boards?

how well is the SIMS boards?....im looking at the absolute which is a great price....how do they compare to morrow/k2?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 08:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

They're on par with Morrow, which means they're shit.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

sims was one of the pioneers of the industry. eventually they just kinda dried up and went away in the late 90s. they have tried to make a comeback and this year is the first year they have made boards so i dont think theres alot of word of mouth about their durability or how well they honor warranties yet. im pretty sure that it is tom sims though and not just some large entity that has bought the name and is pushing out crap. k2 is well established and pretty respected and morrow is the affordable "sports store" line of k2.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #4 (permalink)
Sick-Gnar

if you live in Colorado their putting on a camp at echo mountain for like 45 bucks. i saw the ad on tv last night. supposed to be 25k worth of sims shit given away, id say go check that out. for the price you get two days and lunch from qdoba, as well as instruction from whatever team they have. not bad.
Old 12-18-2008, 08:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
They're on par with Morrow, which means they're shit.
but how do you really feel ? lol!

if the o.p. is a casual boarder, like 10 times a year or less, than a morrow or sims will do them fine. neither is going to take the abuse that a season pass holder will dish out but they should treat a beginner well. if you are a beginner id say get a good inexpensive board and put that saved money towards good boots. dont skimp on boots ever.
burritosandsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Juice2Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by burritosandsnow View Post
but how do you really feel ? lol!

if the o.p. is a casual boarder, like 10 times a year or less, than a morrow or sims will do them fine. neither is going to take the abuse that a season pass holder will dish out but they should treat a beginner well. if you are a beginner id say get a good inexpensive board and put that saved money towards good boots. dont skimp on boots ever.
ya i go mabe 5 times a season if that....been riding for 5 years, finally got rid of my lamar that held up real good,
Old 12-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sims are perfect for new riders or low volume riders, hell I was cheap last year and rode a Sims about 60 days or so and didn't expect much from it but it was fine for just getting back into the sport... this year gave the board to a friend who's learning the sport and it's perfect for them, pretty forgiving.

Honestly the Sims carbine bindings I feel are better quality then the Burton Customs :P
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 01:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Steve Fisher seems to think they are ok...
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
Honestly the Sims carbine bindings I feel are better quality then the Burton Customs :P
I had a pair of Carbines, and they were pretty rock solid, and responsive. The ratchets sucked though and they were a bit on the heavy side, but nothing broke I guess.

I also have a 2006 Sims Protocol board, which is supposedly 'Made in Austria', and its snappy and carves real well. It's a great all mountain board. I have no idea what happened to their business now, since it seems they're getting bought out every year.
UncleRico is offline   Reply With Quote