Stuck between two boards/sizes - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
tapoutorpassout

Default Stuck between two boards/sizes

So I could use a little help in making a decision on a new board for myself.. Let me first start by telling you a little about myself and my riding level and what kind of riding I do.

I am 6ft tall and weigh anywhere from 160-170 pounds... I would consider myself an intermediate to advanced rider. I manly like to do all mountain riding, and just like to shred up the mountain. I am rarely ever in the park but I like to leave it open as an option for certain days. Most of my boarding is done on the eastcoast but I will be going to Utah for a month so it will be powder central. So I'm guessing I need the board that could best accomodate the varing conditions.

So my current board is a Rome Anthem 161, but I want to buy a new board but can't decide between a couple and can't decide what size to get.

The first board is the GNU Riders Choice BTX in either the 157.5 or 154.5

The second board is the Libtech TSR BTX in either the 157 or 154

Any help would be appreciated in determining which board would best suit my riding ability as well as riding style.. If at all possible if you could support your answers so I could get a better understanding as to why a particular board would be better.

I have also been reading that with the new banana technology you can ride a smaller board so some help on deciding which board size would best suit me would be great, just take into account that I will be doing more all mountain than park. I am currently ridinig a 161
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)

for your size i dont know why you would even bother riding a board smaller then 160... especially if you ride all mountain.

Id go for the GNU Riders Choice BTX second in the 160.5 (size?) seeing that you ride all mountain
Rocan is offline   Reply With Quote