tightboards.com or dogfunk.com? help please! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 10:27 AM
Elemdee

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
tightboards.com or dogfunk.com? help please!

So I posted this on sb.com but didn't get the information I wanted :P

Since the Canadian dollar is now equivalent to the American, I'm planning on buying a snowboard online from an American retailer..(Rome Artifact 147)

Anyways, I'm pretty sure I'm going to get it off dogfunk.com but I'm still worried about the shipping and tariffs and brokerage fees etc.

and since I live in Canada I have to pay for shipping.

On dogfunk.com there is an option for shipping which is 57 bucks and tariffs included, but I'm pretty sure that isn't correct since they don't deal with tariffs..

SOO I'm just asking if anyone knows what these hidden costs might be, and what i should do about this situation, I don't really want to spend an extra 200 bucks..

Thanks guys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-22-2007, 02:50 PM
mike20255

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I was looking at doing the same thing even w/ duties and shipping normally you save $$. Shipping is around $30-$40 email the company for exact quote include your postal code. For duties you would want to add around 20-25% on top of the price of the board and shipping.

So at 349 Artifact 147
it would be approx. 385 shipped + 22% = $469 total

I got lucky and found a deal from The Boardroom which is free shipping in Canada if you spend over 100 or something. This: SourceBoards also has free shipping within Canada.

Good luck.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 11:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Tightboards takes customs requests

I think I have your answer... TIghtboards.com takes customs requests. You can call them or put them in at the time of your order. You can say that you want the item treated as a gift so you avoid the customs fees... Works like a charm.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode