K2 Turbo Dream vs Yes Basic - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 03:48 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default K2 Turbo Dream vs Yes Basic

Hi guys, intermediate rider looking for a new board. I ride mostly groomers and I'm looking for an all mountain board. I'm thinking about either the K2 Turbo Dream, Yes Basic, or even the K2 Raygun. What do u guys think?? I live in SoCal so ill be riding mostly in Mt. High and Big Bear (all groomers) if that makes much of a difference.

Last edited by DemiZe; 11-22-2013 at 04:54 AM.
DemiZe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Is that all you will ride (Bear and Mt high). Don't know about the basic but the TD sounds a bit overkill for those two mountains. Of course I haven't ridden the TD but I've ridden everything from a Noodle, a 145cm Rome Shank, to a 153 Coda on those hills.

Are you just going to get off the lift and cruise down? Or are you going to try butters, pop off stuff, try some park features?
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Is that all you will ride (Bear and Mt high). Don't know about the basic but the TD sounds a bit overkill for those two mountains. Of course I haven't ridden the TD but I've ridden everything from a Noodle, a 145cm Rome Shank, to a 153 Coda on those hills.

Are you just going to get off the lift and cruise down? Or are you going to try butters, pop off stuff, try some park features?
Ah, I was unaware it would be overkill for the places I'm going. I've been riding for about 5 years and I do a little bit of everything so I'm looking for a board that could do just that. Any other recommendations?
Old 11-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Based on the riding you do, and the board(s) you have ridden... what sort of things are you looking for in your next board and what sort of things would you like to keep?

(For example, what board are you used to riding and are you looking for more stability, a stiffer board, more edge hold, better float, faster base, more pop, directional etc...)

Having an idea on these ^^ generally helps a lot and shrinks your selection range to a few more manageable choices..... if you have a narrowed down list, it may make the decision for you.

Last edited by F1EA; 11-22-2013 at 05:36 PM.
F1EA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1EA View Post
Based on the riding you do, and the board(s) you have ridden... what sort of things are you looking for in your next board and what sort of things would you like to keep?

(For example, what board are you used to riding and are you looking for more stability, a stiffer board, more edge hold, better float, faster base, more pop, directional etc...)

Having an idea on these ^^ generally helps a lot and shrinks your selection range to a few more manageable choices..... if you have a narrowed down list, it may make the decision for you.
My last board was a camber and I had a lot of struggle starting out with it a couple years ago, but have gotten used to it. I'm looking for a hybrid rocker ie: rocker/flat/rocker. I'm looking for an all mountain board, I'm thinking K2 Raygun at this point..