2014 Lib Tech Jamie Lynn C3 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default 2014 Lib Tech Jamie Lynn C3

Hi Everyone,

I have not bought a new board in about 8 years. I was riding a 2005 burton triumph and would like to get something a little more playful with magne-traction.

I have not seen any reviews of the 2014 Jamie Lynn Phoenix C3. Has anyone demoed or rode one yet? I am also thinking about the TRS and Attack banana. I appreciate any input.

Thanks
AdRok1210 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 05:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Bump, I am going up to mammoth soon and need to pull the trigger.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:24 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Have not ridden, thats what i would buy out of the three you mentioned. Probably not super playful though
Old 11-23-2013, 11:26 AM   #4 (permalink)

Hey man,

I haven't riden the board but check out thegoodride.com they have ton's of quality reviews.
hhanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #5 (permalink)

Default C3 Jamie

I just purchased last years (13') classic and there is no difference between this year and lasts, just the graphic. I would recommend getting last years if you can find it and save some cash...that is unless you're hell bent of the graphic.

Haven't heard too much from people on this forum, I posted an earlier thread about the comparison between this and the gnu billy goat. As stated previously by the user above the good ride has a great review. The biggest difference between this year's C3 Billy Goat and the C3 Jamie Lynn is the waist width. There are some other minor differences, but, from what everyone has told me they are pretty close. The hot knife is another similar board, just is a true twin. Look up reviews on that, people love it.

If you're a true camber hungry rider and want the closest thing to real camber with the new rocker tech, this is the way to go. But if your a beginner rider, this is supposed to be more of a difficult animal to handle due to turn initiation at faster speeds.

In addition, here are some more reviews:

http://www.evo.com/outlet/snowboards...63faa9#Reviews

Bored Yak: Board Exam: 2012/2013 Lib Tech Jamie Lynn C3 Phoenix Classic

Maybe someone else that has ridden it can chime in.

Good luck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdRok1210 View Post
Bump, I am going up to mammoth soon and need to pull the trigger.

Last edited by adubg; 11-23-2013 at 04:09 PM.
adubg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhanson View Post
Hey man,

I haven't riden the board but check out thegoodride.com they have ton's of quality reviews.
The good ride has 0 quality reviews and have repeatedly proven themselves to be dipshits by consistently providing inaccurate and fake reviews
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 03:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks for the input! I appreciate all the help.

I am 34 and have been riding for over 20 years. I am comfortable anywhere and do venture into the park from time to time to relive my glory days. I am leaning toward more camber the less.

Last edited by AdRok1210; 11-23-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 04:09 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
The good ride has 0 quality reviews and have repeatedly proven themselves to be dipshits by consistently providing inaccurate and fake reviews
Proof? Why are you knocking the site? IMO they are just normal riders trying help snowboarders...
adubg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 07:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adubg View Post
Proof? Why are you knocking the site? IMO they are just normal riders trying help snowboarders...
They're only trying to help themselves to free gear. If you've actually read their reviews you would realize half that shit is made up. First example that comes to mind is their 390 boss and targa review, per their report the 390s are stiffer than the targa; this is patently untrue. blatant errors like this permeate their reviews. In addition most of their reviews are based on spec alone, or supposition. You should read their review on the lib banana hammock.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 10:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
They're only trying to help themselves to free gear. If you've actually read their reviews you would realize half that shit is made up. First example that comes to mind is their 390 boss and targa review, per their report the 390s are stiffer than the targa; this is patently untrue. blatant errors like this permeate their reviews. In addition most of their reviews are based on spec alone, or supposition. You should read their review on the lib banana hammock.
+1, that. If you do not believe bseracka, do a search on this forum. Many people (inclduding Nivek and myself) have provided numerous examples of fucked up 'reviews' by TGR and described their gear whoring SOP.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lib tech jamie lynn