nitro rook 2014vs NS proto hdx 2014 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 08:51 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default nitro rook 2014vs NS proto hdx 2014

hi i am buying a new board and was wondering which board is better and if either of them are a great choice for an advanced rider (money is not an issue) any other boards you would recommend. i ride every terrane. i race slalom compete in park and ride lots of powder.

thank you
C4mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4mtb View Post
hi i am buying a new board and was wondering which board is better and if either of them are a great choice for an advanced rider (money is not an issue) any other boards you would recommend. i ride every terrane. i race slalom compete in park and ride lots of powder.

thank you
If money is really no issue and those are truly your intended uses, then you should get 2 (or 3) boards. No single board will be great all of these.
hktrdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 09:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hktrdr View Post
If money is really no issue and those are truly your intended uses, then you should get 2 (or 3) boards. No single board will be great all of these.
money is not an issue for a single board, i know its hard to get a board that handles everything but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

What your asking for doesn't exist.

There is no competition park board that floats in pow and can euro carve (race).
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:15 PM   #5 (permalink)

i know that there are no board that actually do it. i just need one that can get close or the best one out there. i am not about to drop over 1000 on just a board (not including bindings and boots.). any info on either the rook or proto HDX ?

thanks
Old 11-23-2013, 05:31 PM   #6 (permalink)

Again, you're asking for an everything board that doesn't exist. Before anyone can recommend something, you need to give some indication of what you want the board to excel at.

Like I only use groomers to get to the park

Or

I haul ass so much I don't even see the park go by

Or

If there's no fresh I'm sleeping in

Given that, the proto is an all mountain twin, and the rook appears to be a more park/jib/butter specific board. Just from the description I read, no personal experience, I don't think you'll be wanting to carve a slalom steep on the rook. So generally the proto leans more all mountain, which is I guess what you asked for and the rook doesn't.
kaborkian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

you seem new to this forum... seeing that youve only posted 3 times. in this exact thread.
but.....
if you scroll up near the top. theres a SEARCH function. there have been countless topics on the Proto and Rook. instead of having us try and read your thoughts and decipher your words. do a little research on your own. then ask educated questions after that.
Old 11-23-2013, 07:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by C4mtb View Post
i know that there are no board that actually do it. i just need one that can get close or the best one out there. i am not about to drop over 1000 on just a board (not including bindings and boots.). any info on either the rook or proto HDX ?

thanks
Sounds like money is an issue then. So what's your real budget for a deck? BTW you could do a pow, or park deck with an all mt deck for under a grand.
bseracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
Sounds like money is an issue then. So what's your real budget for a deck? BTW you could do a pow, or park deck with an all mt deck for under a grand.
money is not an issue for 1 board. i mean keep it under 800 (i do not know many if any boards that are over 800 that i would actually need) i need the closest thing you can get to a quiver killer??

thank you
Old 11-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bseracka View Post
money is not an issue for 1 board. i mean keep it under 800 (i do not know many if any boards that are over 800 that i would actually need) i need the closest thing you can get to a quiver killer??

thank you

oh just to clarify the 800 if only for the board, i have extra money for bindings and boots.

Tags
rook ns nitro proto board