Rossi Angus or Templar (or Taipan)? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 09:41 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rossi Angus or Templar (or Taipan)?

I am looking to get a new board for this season and I have narrowed it down to the 2013 Rossi Angus, Templar, and Taipan mid wides. With the sale on evo right now they are all under $200 and seem like pretty solid boards from the reviews I have read/watched. That said, I would appreciate some input to maybe help sway my decision. So, a little bit about me:

5'11"
185 lb
Size 11 Ride Orion boots
28 years old
Typically ride in western PA (Seven Springs)

Background:
I started riding about 15 years ago but typically only get to ride a handful of weekends per season, which I expect to increase much more this season. That said, I'm pretty comfortable with my skills and I guess I would say I'm somewhere beyond intermediate. I started on some cheap 146, moved to a '98 Ride Brushie 153, replaced it with an '03 Ride Timeless 156. Once I realized how much toe drag sucked I bought an '09 Rome Machine 157w (basically a wide Artifact) which I enjoy in the park. I'll be going to Colorado in a couple months for the first time, so I am looking for more of an all mountain board to take with me. Perhaps something that can handle a little bit of everything. I'd like something that can cruise pow and most of the mountain with decent speed, but I'd also like to be able to hit occasional jibs.

What I'm looking at:
So I've pretty much narrowed it down to the '13 Rossi Angus 158w and Templar 159w, but also threw in the Taipan 158w for opinions. I've been leaning towards the Angus because, from what I've read, it seems to be slightly more fit to handle just about anything thrown at it (without excelling in anything specific, of course), but the setback and magtek on the Templar make it appealing as well. My only concern is the magtek being catchy on rails/boxes, but I have no experience with any type of magne-traction whatsoever (or anything other than positive camber). I like the sound of the S-Tips in the Angus, but the Templar might be a nice contrast to my Machine, especially for the icy eastern conditions.

Questions:
Which board would you guys suggest for someone who wants to do a little bit of everything, but mostly cruise? Which would do better in pow? Any opinions on magne-traction on rails/boxes? Any other possible candidates for around $200 or so? Thanks in advance.
yackelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Let me know if you wanna match up some rossi bindings. Have a set of 2014 rossi cobras black. Pretty cheap nib.