Rossi Templar vs Angus? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 08:22 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Rossi Templar vs Angus?

I'm trying to decide on a new board and I keep coming back to Rossignol boards. Largely I'm looking for control on ice because last season ice was a nightmare on my cambered 161 Arbor element(I'm 5'11" and 175lbs) I like that the Templar has the toned down magnetraction but the Angus is stiffer and the resort I work and ride has a lot of glorious steeps and big mountain terrain. My riding is pretty much all freeriding. After ice control, I want something that will be playful in the trees, carveable (wasn't a fan of the Lib Techs I tried because the aggressive magnetraction wasn't very fun for carving) and stable at high speeds. Thanks guys

Last edited by lifty_scum; 11-25-2013 at 08:41 AM.
lifty_scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Angus sounds more like what you're looking for. Its just a bit more freeride dialed than the Templar

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Do not think Angus has magnetraction..
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #4 (permalink)

There is no MT on the Angus. As Nivek mentioned the Angus is likely closer to what you are looking for. I am not sure how the Lib Tech MT you rode compares to the mild MT version on the Templar.

If you can find your size, last years versions of both boards can be had for a song right now.

Good Luck !!!!!
Old 11-25-2013, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)

The Angus definitely sounds perfect for riding on good conditions, but its the bad conditions I'm trying to plan for. As a lift op I don't really have a choice of staying of staying off the ice on a bad day. That's why I'm stuck between the Templar which would potentially be more traction on ice and the Angus which just might replace my Arbor as my every day board.
Last season I took a run on a skunk ape and a TRS and while the TRS was pretty sweet, carving just didn't feel quite right and they both felt rather heavy. I tried a K2 turbodream and that was absolutely a blast so I'm hoping our demo shop dumps last years stock again.
Quote:
If you can find your size, last years versions of both boards can be had for a song right now.
Evo has last year's model of both of them in my size right now for 179.90 or 186.90
lifty_scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 08:12 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifty_scum View Post
I'm trying to decide on a new board and I keep coming back to Rossignol boards. Largely I'm looking for control on ice because last season ice was a nightmare on my cambered 161 Arbor element(I'm 5'11" and 175lbs) I like that the Templar has the toned down magnetraction but the Angus is stiffer and the resort I work and ride has a lot of glorious steeps and big mountain terrain. My riding is pretty much all freeriding. After ice control, I want something that will be playful in the trees, carveable (wasn't a fan of the Lib Techs I tried because the aggressive magnetraction wasn't very fun for carving) and stable at high speeds. Thanks guys

Link Evo.com Templer $179
Rossignol Templar Magtek Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet
SnowDogWax is offline   Reply With Quote