GNUvs Burton...Which should I get? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2008, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
stanggt210

Default GNUvs Burton...Which should I get?

Hi everyone..Im new to the site and to snowboarding.Ive been researching around for boards that i want to get and ive settled between burton or gnu/libtech.I like the new reverse camber technology on the boards;also the magnetraction.I just need some help because ive seen many debates between the boards.What should i look towards getting?Price doesnt matter as long as it isnt 1000 or something ridiculus.Ive been steering towards burton just because the boards come with that "LTR" lesson but Im open to all opinions between the 2.Please help and thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2008, 03:16 PM   #2 (permalink)
stanggt210

......anyone?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
kMc

really depends on what type of riding you want to do. also you dont really need mtx unless youre on ice. youre also trying to decide between companies, both which have a wide variety of boards, rather than between a few boards themselves, it kind of makes it hard to reply.
kMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
hotsauceaddict

Well... i've heard good and bad about magna-traction, and it all boils down to what type of riding you're gonna do. However, if you look at the facts, Burton has been making snowboards and gear forever, and even though some companies have newer tech, there's the old saying, "if it ain't broken don't fix it". Lib tech's marketing bashes skiers, camber, and all the principles that have been acquired by traditional ski design. It seems they do more bashing everything else instead of making their product look good. I dunno... i'm old school, I ride a Burton, and i'd love to demo a magna-traction to see for myself what the hype is all about... Burton don't need to have a flashy site and ridiculous names for their boards, the product does the talking...

I recommend Burton. They have always made a quality product they can stand behind 100%.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
stanggt210

I could prob use mtx considering i live in the northeast..but im more trying to figure out which has the better banana/rocker technology and if the reverse camber is even that big of a deal compared to regular camber.I know a lot of the people on this site are smart about this stuff.I didnt know if there was pros and cons to each company's reverse camber...

Last edited by stanggt210; 12-29-2008 at 03:43 PM. Reason: added
Old 12-29-2008, 03:51 PM   #6 (permalink)
stanggt210

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauceaddict View Post
Well... i've heard good and bad about magna-traction, and it all boils down to what type of riding you're gonna do. However, if you look at the facts, Burton has been making snowboards and gear forever, and even though some companies have newer tech, there's the old saying, "if it ain't broken don't fix it". Lib tech's marketing bashes skiers, camber, and all the principles that have been acquired by traditional ski design. It seems they do more bashing everything else instead of making their product look good. I dunno... i'm old school, I ride a Burton, and i'd love to demo a magna-traction to see for myself what the hype is all about... Burton don't need to have a flashy site and ridiculous names for their boards, the product does the talking...

I recommend Burton. They have always made a quality product they can stand behind 100%.
which boards have the v rocker?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the hero does at an affordable price, the fix and conDOM have a flat rocker, no v but no camber. im looking at gettin a hero at the end of the season
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsauceaddict View Post

Lib Tech stands by their product as well. Marketing is marketing...don't take it personally. Looking down on newer tech is pretty ignorant. Whether you believe in it or will buy it or not, time will tell. Mervin has been an innovator and has invented many technologies that later became the industry standard, even to this day. Do some research and you'll see what I mean.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
hotsauceaddict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol View Post
Lib Tech stands by their product as well. Marketing is marketing...don't take it personally. Looking down on newer tech is pretty ignorant. Whether you believe in it or will buy it or not, time will tell. Mervin has been an innovator and has invented many technologies that later became the industry standard, even to this day. Do some research and you'll see what I mean.
What I meant was, the marketing behind Lib Tech will appeal to dope dealing troubled youth that think gangster rap is cool, as Burton will appeal to equally good riders who are more socially proficient. You won't convert many skiers with a website like Lib Tech... Happy new year's!
Old 01-01-2009, 03:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
junkie28

Magnatraction or MTX isn't all that, as it makes it how to be, I demoed one, sometimes it holds its edge really well, sometimes it feels like you're catching mini edges all around. Libtech has a way wider range of rocker boards, like 90% of their boards have BTX on it.

I've heard the Burton Hero is a great rocker board. I don't think you can go wrong with it.

Have you considered other companies rocker boards, like Never Summer, K2, Capita, Nitro, etc.

You should really try and demo Libtech, they should be well available at places that demo, there seems to be a Libtech hype going around. Their boards are also friggin' expensive upwards from like $425.