I need your help! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2007, 05:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Terrapin Ben

Default I need your help!

What's up folks. This is my first post and i am glad i have found this resource. Seems like a cool board with lots of friendly posters.
So here's the deal. I am 22 and moved from Indiana to Montana about four years ago. I've been snowboarding for about 12 years with a solid 3 year hiatus from 2002 to 2005. I rode a k2 something or other from sportmart with morrow bindings last year untill i blew out my edge preseason. For the rest of the year i rode a burton, not sure what model. It was a sick ride. Bottom line, I am looking for a new board and am a little overwhelmed by all the options.

So i went to my local skate store and got sized at 158-160. I ride at bridger, lookout, bit mtn, and backcountry in the big sky state. I want something that can handle powder and big lines, but something that still has good pop. I like to hit jumps, but probably stuff that you guys would consider tiny. I also like to slide some trees and rails but never do any street and don't really go out of my way to slide sutff. I love buttering down the groomers at the resorts.

I am looking for a new board and bindings for 500 tops because i still need to afford my chair. What do you guys suggest? I have been looking at sale boards at the house on-line but haven't really seen too much i dig. The guy at my skate shop recomended the burton royale which looks great and sounds perfect for what i want, but is a pit spendy if i am looking for new bindings too. I was looking at a palmer pulse but don't really know anything about the boards other than shaun is redonkadonk... anyways, sorry for the long post. help me pick a good board this winter. thanks a lot!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2007, 06:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

Weight and boot size? And you're basically saying you want to ride all mountain, correct?
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Terrapin Ben

Sorry about that. I read the noob post and knew i forgot something... i weigh 160 and my boot size is 10 or 11. probably 10.5. I am an avid mountain biker and this freestyle/freeride/all mountain thing confuses me enough in the summer. i guess you would call what i am going to ride all mountain. that sounds like an accurate description.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Terrapin Ben

so i've narrowed it down to four boards.
k2 darkstar super ugly board for 220 on clearance
jeenyus wood series for 260 on clearance
palmer pulse for 270 on clearance
forum lander for 330.

what do you think?
Old 09-27-2007, 08:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

check out sierrasnowboard.com for some good deals on equipment. In terms of those boards again I can't give specific info either since I haven't ridden them but these are my experiences with the companies in general. They all make good stuff. The Palmer board is on the low end of their line and unless you're gonna go higher end with them like the Honeycomb, crown or carboncircle I'd look at another brand. They aren't bad but you can do better. Wish I could help more...
lisevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 09:09 AM   #6 (permalink)
st.stark

I say pick between the Jeenyus and the Forum that Terrapin Ben suggests...
Old 09-27-2007, 12:46 PM   #7 (permalink)

K2 Darkstar out of all the choices you listed. Jeenyus is basically bunk, Forum is dying and Palmer is ok.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Terrapin Ben

the price for the k2 is right but it honestly is the ugliest board i have ever seen. i can get the jeenyus with drake matrix bindings for about 350. again, not my favorit board but the price is right. i ride bikes a lot and am use to doing uber research when buying a new ride. do i need to stress this much about how my new board will preform or should i just stick with freeride vs freestyle and go for the board that i think looks best. thanks a lot for everyones help. do palmers really suck that bad? i use to have posters of shaun on my wall...
Old 09-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #9 (permalink)
Terrapin Ben

also, my first board was an uber crappy k2 from sprotmart. like a really low down and dirty model. i think i got the whole ride for under 350 with boots and bindings. am i gonna go wrong with any of the boards i am looking at now?
Old 09-27-2007, 01:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Out of all those boards boarderaholic is right, the Darkstar is the best one. Just sticker it up if you really have problem with the graphics. Personally I'd just rock it how it is with neon pink bindings and wearing a rhinestone thong...
killclimbz is online now   Reply With Quote