Board to go with TRice - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 08:51 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Board to go with TRice

Im looking for a new board to pair up with my TRice. Was thing about a skate banana just to keep with mervin. I'm looking for something for jibs and just playing around on the mountain.

Also thought about
Ride machete
Bataleon evil twin


Any suggestions?
Brandonb91290 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 09:00 PM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
ARSENALFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You want a perfect answer: Burtner Box Scratcher by lib. Magnatraction and very playful. You can't go wrong IMHO since your a lib fan.

I have one and love it. Bought it for my wife and it could end up my go to board. I ride a Gnu Billy Goat with MTX for cruising.
ARSENALFAN is offline  
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 10:49 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What about a gnu riders choice? Or maybe a burton nug?
Brandonb91290 is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:21 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-
 
BigmountainVMD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Sugarloaf, ME / Philly
Posts: 1,204
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonb91290 View Post
What about a gnu riders choice? Or maybe a burton nug?
I wouldn't use the Riders Choice as a jib board.
BigmountainVMD is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Veteran Member
 
Riley212's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: North Seattle
Posts: 880
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
if you want to stay with mervin the box scratcher is the way to go, if not then there are lots of great boards. I went with a salomon villain to pair with my banana magic, great board so far.

Dude, suckin at somethin' is just the first step to bein' sorta good at somethin'
Riley212 is offline  
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 11:56 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARSENALFAN View Post
You want a perfect answer: Burtner Box Scratcher by lib. Magnatraction and very playful. You can't go wrong IMHO since your a lib fan.

I have one and love it. Bought it for my wife and it could end up my go to board. I ride a Gnu Billy Goat with MTX for cruising.
Where's the review on your billy goat?! You said you were gonna review it on here...have you had an opportunity to ride it yet?
adubg is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:39 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adubg View Post
Where's the review on your billy goat?! You said you were gonna review it on here...have you had an opportunity to ride it yet?
I had a billygoat from 2011 and can give you the down and dirty. I bought the board for a freeride monster at Kirkwood for the "day after the pow days" when things get a little firmer. It's probably the only board i've ridden that rides more damp than my heritage in chunky snow conditions. When riding it I can see why they call it the billy goat because I'll go from one massive snowmound doing mach 10 to another snowmound expecting to go over the handle bars from the impact but when the board lands it absorbs everything and keeps charging forward. The board is stiff so slow speed riding you'll need to be on your toe's but once you give it some speed it goes into it's happy zone and is easy to handle. The reason I sold it is because it literally has ZERO pop, when I say zero I mean you hit a hip and it does not want to leave the snow at all and damn near feels stuck. If you have zero freestyle orientation to your riding and want a beast of a freeride deck then this is it. It floated in powder well from what I remember.
goride is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 12:57 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goride View Post
I had a billygoat from 2011 and can give you the down and dirty. I bought the board for a freeride monster at Kirkwood for the "day after the pow days" when things get a little firmer. It's probably the only board i've ridden that rides more damp than my heritage in chunky snow conditions. When riding it I can see why they call it the billy goat because I'll go from one massive snowmound doing mach 10 to another snowmound expecting to go over the handle bars from the impact but when the board lands it absorbs everything and keeps charging forward. The board is stiff so slow speed riding you'll need to be on your toe's but once you give it some speed it goes into it's happy zone and is easy to handle. The reason I sold it is because it literally has ZERO pop, when I say zero I mean you hit a hip and it does not want to leave the snow at all and damn near feels stuck. If you have zero freestyle orientation to your riding and want a beast of a freeride deck then this is it. It floated in powder well from what I remember.
Ahh not the same though. He just bought the C3 -different board!

Last edited by adubg; 11-26-2013 at 01:05 PM.
adubg is offline  
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 03:55 PM
Veteran Member
 
Nivek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mountains of Mordor
Posts: 7,393
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
So many better softer park boards out there than Mervin.

Burton Parkitect, Flow Verve, Rossi Rock'n'Rolla, Nitro Pyro, Echelon Killbox, Bataleon GW, Slash Paxson or Happy Place, Yes Trouble, or a Ride Kink.

Snowboarding Is...

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friends
Nivek is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 12:37 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm thinking abut going with a 154 never summer proto, anyone think this is a bad idea?
Brandonb91290 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome