Ride Machete - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Machete

Hi everyone, first off if I posted this in the wrong place, I'm sorry. Mods please feel free to move.

So I want to get a 2013 Ride Machete snowboard with Burton Mission Bindings. I am 6'1" 200 lbs. I usually wear a size 12-13 boot and I set my stance to +12 -12. The machete does not come in a wide so I'm wondering if I'll be okay with a regular width. Also, I'm leaning for a 159 (I believe this is it, may be 158). If it helps, I wear a size 12.5 nike sneaker. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance
Snowboarder101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

I actually just found a 2013 ride machete 257 wide for $279 on evo.com. Do you guys think this is a good buy? Is there another rocker/flat/mixed board for under $300 that's very forgiving and easy to ride and jib around on while still catching an edge and being stable when you need it.

I heard the machete is a near necessity. Any thought? Anything will help
Old 11-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

IMO, I rode a 157 Ride Machete Wide last year and had about 40 days on it, thought it was okay, i only wish it was softer, but i was spending a lot of my time in the park. Held up nice on high speeds and on the ice coast to me. I also beat the shit out of it nails trees and dropping it and i never had any damage. Just my opinion thou.
ICary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:10 PM   #4 (permalink)

Now when you say you wish it was softer, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being super stuff, where would you put it. Also, do you have any other recommendations?
Old 11-25-2013, 10:52 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would give it an overall 5-6 i think. I just strapped into my new kink the other day and that felt so much softer like a 2 i loved it. I also strapped into my new Buck Up and that felt softer in the nose in tail once i got there but not as soft in-between the bindings.This is me thou. What are you looking for? There are definitely a lot of people here who can help a lot more then me. But I do know Ride boards so maybe i can help a little if you want a Ride Snowboard.
Old 11-25-2013, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)

Well I'm really considering the machete as my next board. I want a board that won't wash out on me but will be very playful allowing me to butter and jib. I want to be able to use this board for pretty much anything but I'll probably mostly be riding hard pack man made snow on the trails an maybe getting a little park action. I want it to hold a great edge (which I'm pretty sure the slime walls do) but I want it to be totally catch free. I want it to be responsive enough so it will turn when I want it to, but I also want it to be very forgiving. Any thought about your machete looking at these aspects?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:00 PM   #7 (permalink)

I know a lot about Ride Boards, so i can help there. If you want to stay with them I would maybe look at the Buckwild rather than the Machete, different profile, that i think is going to help with the playfulness you want. Think it would fit you better. IMO.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:03 PM   #8 (permalink)

I wear size 12 and the 157w works great for me. I can't comment on how it works in the park but I do know that thing is a blast to ride in moguls and trees. Its nimble and very forgiving. Also, it is a little stiffer which makes it a pretty good all mountain board.
miplatt88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)

The buckwild looks very similar to the machete. It has the same shape. Do you think the buckwild is worth about $70 over the machete? Does breaking it in and flexing it a lot help with the flex?
Old 11-25-2013, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowboarder101 View Post
The buckwild looks very similar to the machete. It has the same shape. Do you think the buckwild is worth about $70 over the machete? Does breaking it in and flexing it a lot help with the flex?
They have different shapes, Buckwild is a twin rocker shape, while the Machete is lowrise rocker shape. You also get upgraded pop-rods. Personally i would do the $70 Describing what you said. I think it'll benefit you more in the park, and playfulness you want.