Help with a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help with a board

Hey guys/gals - new to the forum. New to snowboarding. Haha. I go a few times every winter, but I finally picked up a season pass so I'm done using rentals. Just wanted an opinion on these boards I'm looking at:

The first is a K2 Illusion 158 w/Salomon Bindings. This board is new. $240 but I'd need to buy some boots.

Also found a few used around me. A Burton Elite 158 w/Burton freestyle bindings and burton boots. Guy is selling the whole shebang for $250. In really good shape.

Finally a Ride Fleetwood 161 w/bindings. Selling for $110 obo.

I'm 6'0, and go about 160.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'd go with the K2 or the Burton, they'll be good beginner boards.
There's TONS of boards out there, and you can find a lot on sale too if that's what you're looking for. Just search search search my man.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPOW View Post
I'd go with the K2 or the Burton, they'll be good beginner boards.
There's TONS of boards out there, and you can find a lot on sale too if that's what you're looking for. Just search search search my man.
Thanks dude. I'm just on a bit of a budget so I'm trying to keep it to around $250 for the board/bindings/boots. I think the Burton is probably the way to go since it's been gently used.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 07:29 PM
Banned

Its hard to beat the burton boot - binding combo, throw in a board and $250 is a great deal!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhphoto View Post
Its hard to beat the burton boot - binding combo, throw in a board and $250 is a great deal!
I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

How's the weather in Jackson? I work in the picturesque town of Rock Springs in the summer. Haha.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'd be careful around buying boots with the board.

Boot fit is very specific, you should try on lots of boots to get the right fit, it would be real fluke if what you're looking at had the perfect boots for you.

If you can find a shop that has some boots from last year and try to find something in your size (that really fit you properly) you could then get a pretty good deal since they're last year's boots, and the fit on the boots is most important, board and bindings are really secondary.

with the boots properly sized you could then get the rest of your setup.

For my first setup I went out and bought a spiffy board, nice bindings, and the guy selling me the stuff tossed in a pair of boots for cheap that were a half size too big. I should have cut back on board and bindings and got better fitting boots to start, when I finally go boots that fit well I realized how stupid I had been. Don't be dumb like me.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 09:00 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhphoto View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamps View Post
I'd be careful around buying boots with the board.

Boot fit is very specific, you should try on lots of boots to get the right fit, it would be real fluke if what you're looking at had the perfect boots for you.

If you can find a shop that has some boots from last year and try to find something in your size (that really fit you properly) you could then get a pretty good deal since they're last year's boots, and the fit on the boots is most important, board and bindings are really secondary.

with the boots properly sized you could then get the rest of your setup.

For my first setup I went out and bought a spiffy board, nice bindings, and the guy selling me the stuff tossed in a pair of boots for cheap that were a half size too big. I should have cut back on board and bindings and got better fitting boots to start, when I finally go boots that fit well I realized how stupid I had been. Don't be dumb like me.
+1
I did something similar. Skimped on boots... Dont skimp on boots. If this guy's DO fit you well, consider yourself lucky... More likely they won't, sell them and use the $ to buy ones that do.

"my only interest in statistics is in not becoming one"

--CassMT

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode