Boardz? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 07:19 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdang307 View Post
Yeah I heard it's practically the same. The nose helps in pow butters or something but other than that, same board.

Coda is loads of fun. Little bit of a looser feeling if you are looking for technical precision that say a camber board provides. But it's just fun. Easy turn initiation even though my feet barely reached the edges (25.3 ww on a 153, I should be on a 24.5 or so). Good springy pop for a rockered board.

I never rode it on really bad snow but on good snow it was as fast as I needed.
Do you ride any park? when I am with my friends we hit the park like 1 in 3 runs. does the directional twin work fine?
Hiltzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 08:05 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimmy View Post
Uh yeah. I've heard other very good stuff about the burton sherlock. But if you are planning on doing mostly groomed runs with the occasional powder here and there. I would definitely recommend either of those boards. If you want a playful but sturdy board, I think both work well. I am sure other people know much more. But I for one am a fan of Arbor.

Other boards that should be considered along with the above mentioned are
LibTech skate banana
GNU Pickle
Burton Custom (this is a classic)
Never Summer Proto (I was pretty close to buying this board)

All the sizes should be in the 156-158 range, I would say.

Ah and for your size 11 feet, buy low profile boots. They turn your clunky 11 to a size 10 and you can never feel the pain of mid wide boards. I use low profile boots (Salomon F22, I think).
Do I need to do that? will I get drag on the arbor in like a 157-8 or the others? not looking to buy new boots on top of a 500.00$ board if you feel me hahaha
Hiltzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Capita NAS in a 156 has a long effective edge. More than my Burton Aftermath 158. And the side cut is tight and carvey. Im 6' 180 and it holds a mean edge on piste and in the pipe. Custom is a lot of board meaning a little longer and heavier for the same specs but its also a great ride if you like Burton.

As a sidenote, back in the day we would take regular cambered boards and change the edge and base bevels on them to 2 or 3 degrees. This makes them really "spinny" and fun without giving up the pop and balls of camber. I do this to almost all of my cambered boards. You can have any tuner do it if you're not handy with that kind of stuff.

Last edited by tonicusa; 11-30-2013 at 08:40 PM.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
board advice, joystick