Sore Foot - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2007, 03:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
ScotyRokt

Default Sore Foot

Sup folks? I've been snowboarding for 3 seasons now. I notice everytime I go the tops of my feet are sore - the bones in my feet. Is that normal or am I doing something wrong. I'm pretty agressive. Nothing like you expert riders but I get down the hill pretty fast without falling. I ride freeride, just starting to hit jumps. I have my board setup duck so I can ride switch.

I'm also a new member. Very cool site
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Kieran

just curious, do u have a favourite way of turning/ stopping

last season i took a friend of mine up and he spent his whole day stopping / turning using his heels and he said he cudnt carry on the day after.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:46 AM   #3 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

i would first wonder what kit you have; mainly what boots and binders.

it could be that they are chepo items that lack ergonomic kinda fit and so you are just getting a mechanical pinch, or your boots might be the wrong size for your feet, or less likely, your binders are the wrong size for your boots.

pain is not usually a good thing, unless you're into that sort of stuff!
Old 09-28-2007, 05:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

my experience with too wide a stance (from fucking up the binding fixings one day) was pressure points at the top of the boots, on the inner calf. i did remedy this (until i changed the set up) with a greater bend in the knee, but frankly, it looked more like i was trying to lay a fresh and steaming!

my thought for perhaps crappy or tired booties / poor binder fit, was due to the pain not being immediate, but rather after what sounded like prolonged use (ie a full day)

i used to get some pain on my little toe, due to tired boots and binder, as the arch in the strap / the strength in the boot had been compromised to cause a small pinch on the outside of my foot, that wasn't noticable until after a few hours / end of the day.

however when all is said and done, (and some people might swear at me) but wear another pair of socks!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
ScotyRokt

A lot of great info here guys thanks!
A few things you guys mentioned may help me out.
A more forward lean on highbacks and loosen the toe strap a bit. I usually keep that pretty tight. Not tight enough that it pinches though. I mainly stop on my heel. Just so can sit down for a min. and face where I'm going. I have good boots, Burton's. Didn't cheap out on anything. I ride a Burton Custom. The boots themselves are very comfortable and to me fit right. The 1st set of boots I had were way to big. I was almost stepping out of them. They felt good in the store but not on the mt. My stance isn't that far apart. I set the bindings at +10/-10. I've seen some riders set theirs to +15/-15. Too much for me. I bought the board off a friend of mine. He had the bindings set to +30/+28. Both way forward. It was great for speed but trying to go switched I was backwards. I don't recall if my feet bothered me in that stance or not. Could it be my form?
Thanks again. I'll check it out soon as we get some snow. Could be a while here on the east coast.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Burton Customs come with the J-bars that go above your heel right? If they do try installing them or removing them (depending if you have them in or not). I rode my Burton Ion's without the J-bars one day and I ended up tightening my bindings to the point where it hurt to avoid heel lift. After I put them in I quite squishing my foot like that. Also not sure what bindings you have but on some of them you can rotate your highbacks to work with a ducked out stance and it can remove a pressure point to get them set correctly. It may not hurt to take your boots and board into your local boot pro and see if there are any adjustments they would reccomend to alleviate your problem.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

i thought customs were the binder? (or a plank)
Old 09-28-2007, 11:29 AM   #8 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Never mind I'm a retard, I thought he meant Burton Custom boots....
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:45 AM   #9 (permalink)

There are no Burton Custom boots. The Custom is the board, and it is VERY unlikely that the board is the source of discomfort. If you can, go to a ski/snowboard shop and see if you can get some superfeet, or better yet, get custom foot beds. The footbeds in B boots suck hardcore, which may be why your bones feel like they hurt. Otherwise, I'd highly recommend getting checked out by a doc, this could possibly be indicitive of a more serious health problem.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 11:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Samyaksambuddhas

custom binders too no?

http://www.maxlifestyle.net/shopimag.../28-b7115l.gif

but perhaps instead of the use of the 'custom' word, maybe 'bespoke' would have been less confusing?

personally i blame burton for their stoopid names! rah!