Board Help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Board Help

Hey guys, I'm looking for some input on my next board purchase. Currently I ride a '11 NS SL 153 with Rome 390 Boss. I have zero complaints with my NS and its been a great all around board. I'm 5'9 and light at 145lbs. I want something that is a bit more for some park, jibbing, on the lighter more flexible side. I'm thinking of going down to a 149 for size. I guess what I'm after is something I can do a it of freestyle riding with and still run the rest of the hill. I'll carry over my Rome 390's to this board. Just looking for some options and help choosing a new board for such. Any help and opinions are greatly appreciated. Thanks!
jds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 06:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

salomon villain
Old 11-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hi JDS,

A few more pieces of info. What is your foot size? Where do you ride? Are you keeping your current board or is this going to replace it?
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:49 AM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks Riley212, I'll have a look at it. Wiredsport, size 10 boot, a couple of typical ski hills, nothing radical. I will be keeping my SL and when that's not in use, I plan on using the 390's from my SL setup on the new board. I'll end up most likely bringing both to whatever resort I end up to.

Keep the suggestions commin' guys! MUCH Appreciated!
Old 11-30-2013, 10:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The Villain is a great place to start, look into the Flow Verve, Burton Parkitect (Rome should make an ICS disc), Signal Park, Echelon Killbox 144, or a Nitro Swindle as well.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jds1 View Post
Wiredsport, size 10 boot, a couple of typical ski hills, nothing radical. I will be keeping my SL and when that's not in use, I plan on using the 390's from my SL setup on the new board. I'll end up most likely bringing both to whatever resort I end up to.
Nice. There are a lot of great options available. Gnu Pickle 153 (or Lib Skate Banana - essentially the same board). I would highly suggest that you not lock yourself into a specific tip to tip length (as that will vary a lot depending on model). You will be much better off finding models that interest you and then centering yourself on the rider weight range and foot size range.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:58 AM   #7 (permalink)

Much thanks guys for the input and help on deciding options. The Skate Banana always seems to be a popular choice amongst riders on here I noticed. I was considering that deck before I went with the SL. Is it still something to consider then? Even with all the other choices out there similarity wise. Again, just looking for something light, lots of flex easier to mess around with on flat land, jibbing etc as its a weakpoint in my riding and would like to have a deck that I could maneuver a bit better to build my skill up. Still looking for more input so please keep the options coming......Thanks!
Old 12-01-2013, 12:22 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

For what you're looking for the Banana is just more than you need to spend and price aside still wouldn't be your best option.

That thing I do to escape the world and have fun with my friend

Also, buy my things?
http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ml#post1737634
Nivek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #9 (permalink)

I'm def not stuck on getting a banana. I'm keeping my options wide open. I just see that board come up a lot that's all.
Old 12-06-2013, 05:26 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks for the help so far guys! Anyone else? Any other's to consider? I'm all ears guys......much appreciated!