Snowboard Setup Talk - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullboy145 View Post
Nice! The Wild Life should last a while, it's hybrid by the looks of it, and the experience I've had with hybrid bend boards is that they are fun as can be. I would actually love to know what you think of the Contacts, I'm looking at getting a pair. The BOA stuff is slick as snot on a doorknob, so I think you got a pretty good deal here. My personal setup is a Burton Custom smalls 145W, I'm looking for new bindings as we speak, and Burton Hail boots. As for goggles, I'm not the guy to ask about that, though helmets are a different story. I'll always be a helmet advocate, I had a nasty run in with a tree my first year out, and thanks to my helmet, I'm okay. I'd recommend the Giro helmets personally.
So far, the Contact's are amazing. They are soooooo comfortable and I don't get ANY calf-bite at all. Union sells them as a park-oriented binding, but you can take them anywhere around the mountain. The ratchets and ladders run smooth, and it's easy to adjust the binding to your own preferences. I would highly reccomend getting a pair of Union Contact bindings.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
That is a pretty decent setup i think, the wild life is a really high quality all around deck. Should last a long time as long as you don't ride on rocks. I usually ride a lib tech banana magic with burton cartel bindings and ride rfl boots; other boards are capita charlie slasher and this year a salomon villain.

I have a pair of rogues, they don't fit my face, they are just too narrow, i dont think i have a real wide face. my oakley splice's fit better than anything i have ever had. Like snowklinger said its really based on your head. i got my oakleys on ebay for like 60 bucks.

Get a helmet and wear it. smith, giro, bern, red, k2, all make pretty cool helmets. save your brain
Yeah after looking at some goggles and trying some on with my Pro-Tech helmet I think the Rogue's will do great. Especially when I found a pair at sports authority for $57.
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 04:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by neni View Post
Why so many? Just curious...
Because he is our resident SBF fashion guru? Goggle straps must match his numerous outfits?

Just a wild guess.
ARSENALFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #14 (permalink)

Did you try on a pair of Smith I/O?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Yeah after looking at some goggles and trying some on with my Pro-Tech helmet I think the Rogue's will do great. Especially when I found a pair at sports authority for $57.
Soulace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
discussion, new board, setup, snowboard