Need more numbers and stats. Wide boards? - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 AM   #11 (permalink)
halfasemitone

I see.

I just got back from the shop trying on many many pieces of gear. Wow there's lots, both local and big name. The problem I've had so far is my feet hanging over the edge. Looks like I'll have to "narrow" it down to a "wide" board (love puns). That's going to cost me a pretty penny.

AZred60, that's what I've heard about being heavy and riding a beginner board. Bad news is I'll be spending more on a board than expected, good news is the better board graphic design, both the top and bases, are much better in the higher priced ranges. I can't stand the look of the Rome boards of 08/09. Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's just opinion. But I've been following design trends for my whole life being immersed in design and I don't see the hot neon colours and splashy paint lasting long. It's no wonder the Burton T6 is 800 bucks.

I'm on the quest and will be searching for a very long time.

Thanks for your help everyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ego

I don't know when you plan on going but i'm also 260 (6'1") and i have the K2 Anagram in 163 wide(size 13). I'm going a week from this saturday so if you want input on it i'll let you know.
Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 01:00 AM   #13 (permalink)
halfasemitone

Ego,

Sure! Anything helps. I'm actually going tomorrow. It's gonna be great! Falling on my ass and shit.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:10 AM   #14 (permalink)
Ego

haha yeah, i bought the butt pad shorts that go on under my pants(i bought my pants 1 size larger just to make sure), i'm a nerd i also bought the vest chest pads with the plastic hard plate for my spine and wrist guards, i don't intend on wearing all of this every time i snowboard i just want to make sure i enjoy myself so i dont get hurt and want to give it up

edit: if i like it as much as i think i will then i'll probably buy another board too, i like the Ride Decade in 165 WIDE, that might be another you may want to check out

Last edited by Ego; 01-07-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
halfasemitone

That board looks super sick. Too bad it's discontinued. I wish more boards looked like that these days. Alot of shop owners have been telling me that the designs today are so shit that people turn around and walk away due to the terrible neon colours and skulls. That's too bad.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:39 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ego

which design? the ride decade? i like my k2 a lot and i'm probably going to buy the ride(the-house has it in stock) and just hold onto it because i know eventually i'll want to enjoy it seeing as it is discontinued and all, i heard that k2 and ride are either the same company or their boards are made in the same place? does that mean that they're both made in china? my k2 i know is made there and i found that out after i bought it but it still has great reviews from people plus my dad has 2 k2 boards and he swears by them.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:55 AM   #17 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Couple suggestions to look into: Gnu Rider's Choice Wide, 11-up, Arbor Roundhouse, Lib Tech Dark Series Wide
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 04:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

You can also look into the K2 Format wide, Ride Yukon (exclusively a wide board), and the Forum Recon wide.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:57 AM   #19 (permalink)
halfasemitone

Ego, I think pads are important. It's not fun anymore when you get hurt, even if you're not injured it's still hard to enjoy it when you're always feeling pain. yeah that ride decade looks sick.

Triple8Sol, jimmerjammermrk, Cool. I'll look into those. What are the price ranges of those boards you guys mentioned?
Old 01-09-2009, 02:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
jimmerjammermrk

Do a google shopping search. Format is around $300 I believe, Yukon can be had for less than $300, and the Recon is even cheaper. Keep in mind these are pretty much beginner boards, I believe they all have extruded bases except possibly the Yukon.