Need a new board :) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 06:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

Cool Need a new board :)

Hey guys.
I'm looking for a new board not something extremely expensive yet something good enough for my needs.
I'm an all mountain rider (speed, powder, off-piste, snowpark jumps and rails), if i had to order my loves than it will be: speed -> off-piste -> powder -> jumps -> rails.
I am around 183cm (72 inch) tall and weight around 84kg (185.5 pounds) and my shoe size is 46 (i need a wide board).
I consider myself as an advanced snowboarder.
I bought new equipment (except board last year), if i'm not mistaken the K2 Darko SPDL shoes, and the K2 Cinch CTC 2012/2013.
Currently riding on a Burton Custom 2006 board, but it is time for a change
A friend suggested LibTech boards but nothing specific, so i'm here asking for your kind help guys
What would you suggest?
(except Burton boards cause as far as i know the new Burton board have different bindings attach technique)
fr0z1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 07:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Salomon Assassin 160W, never summer legacy 159, k2 subculture 159W, ride machete 161W, flow drifter 159W, nitro team gulwing 158 W, lib tech skunk ape hp 161.

the flow drifter is probably the best bang for you buck out of all of these.
Old 12-02-2013, 08:14 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
Salomon Assassin 160W, never summer legacy 159, k2 subculture 159W, ride machete 161W, flow drifter 159W, nitro team gulwing 158 W, lib tech skunk ape hp 161.

the flow drifter is probably the best bang for you buck out of all of these.
Did you have any experience with any of those boards?
And should i get only the 2014 version or 2013 is good enough?
Old 12-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i have ridden the narrow versions of the machete, the lib trs which is like a narrow skunk ape, and the never summer sl which is the narrow version of the legacy. I own a salomon villain- softer version of the assassin. The rest are based on reviews from others.

you really cant go wrong with any of these boards, they are all medium stiff boards that are good for all around riding focused on speed. Really the rest is up to what camber/flex profiles/graphics/price you want. They are my suggestions as a starting point, if one looks particularly intersting to you there are numerous reviews for most of these or for boards that are similar.

The Assassin, legacy and nitro team will be the softest of the group, the skunk ape is the stiffest with the drifter subculture and machete all being around the same, the machete is softer tip to tail and very stiff torsionally.

If you can find last years models for them then go for it.
Old 12-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley212 View Post
i have ridden the narrow versions of the machete, the lib trs which is like a narrow skunk ape, and the never summer sl which is the narrow version of the legacy. I own a salomon villain- softer version of the assassin. The rest are based on reviews from others.

you really cant go wrong with any of these boards, they are all medium stiff boards that are good for all around riding focused on speed. Really the rest is up to what camber/flex profiles/graphics/price you want. They are my suggestions as a starting point, if one looks particularly intersting to you there are numerous reviews for most of these or for boards that are similar.

The Assassin, legacy and nitro team will be the softest of the group, the skunk ape is the stiffest with the drifter subculture and machete all being around the same, the machete is softer tip to tail and very stiff torsionally.

If you can find last years models for them then go for it.
It's weird but the 3 i liked most are the Never Summer -> Lib Tech -> Flow