Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Question (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/108369-question.html)

mrhwang 12-02-2013 10:15 AM

Question

I've been riding on my (twin) board for three seasons now and recently flipped my bindings 180 degrees so that I'm boarding on the opposite side of the board. However, I noticed that it is much more difficult to board that way. Is it because my board has been wearing in a particular way and i just flipped it around? i just feel way off balance.

tanscrazydaisy 12-02-2013 10:19 AM

did you adjust for setback, so that it matches up with your previous setup?

I noticed the tags say twin board... so it doesn't need the "directional" question.

mrhwang 12-02-2013 10:37 AM

it is not a directional board and yes, the setup matches the previous one. i figured i feel off balance because the board has worn a certain way for three seasons and all of a sudden i flipped it around and started boarding on the other side of the board (what used to be my heel side is not my toe side).

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanscrazydaisy (Post 1298041)

I noticed the tags say twin board... so it doesn't need the "directional" question.

bseracka 12-02-2013 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanscrazydaisy (Post 1298041)

trolled :dizzy:

mrhwang 12-02-2013 10:48 AM

i didnt make any additional adjustments on my bindings. all i did was flip the bindings 180 degrees on the board. i just want to know if you're not supposed to do that on a non-directional board.

after i made that change, i had a difficult timing transitioning from toe to heel side.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bseracka (Post 1298161)
trolled :dizzy:

BigmountainVMD 12-02-2013 11:57 AM

Some twin boards can have the inserts setback. Take a tape measure to everything and see if it really is identical.

poutanen 12-02-2013 12:42 PM

Twin basically just means that the tip and tail are the same width. 95% of boards out there are "twin shape" these days.

That's not to say there there isn't setback, directional flex, or even a directional sidecut.

What board are you riding?

Lamps 12-02-2013 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD (Post 1298393)
Some twin boards can have the inserts setback. Take a tape measure to everything and see if it really is identical.

If the above is true and the board is true twin including twin flex not twin shape maybe the flex isn't twin anymore, after three years riding mostly or all one way maybe it's broken in with different flex?

Or it's all in your head

GreyDragon 12-02-2013 01:57 PM

Is this thread for real??

Question for the OP:
Can you ride switch?
Maybe that is your problem. (?)

This is a joke thread, right?

Mystery2many 12-02-2013 03:31 PM

I think he spun his bindings around and riding the board backwards. I've never even thought of doing that. I just ride normal or ride switch.

OP. What was your purpose? Why did you spin the bindings 180 degrees?