NS Proto HD Vs. Heritage (help) - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2013, 02:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Default NS Proto HD Vs. Heritage (help)

hey guys / girls!

I just bought a NS heritage a few days ago ( have not ridden it ) but i took a quick look the Proto HD and it seems like a better (isn) board... his heres my details and if you cloud help, that would be fantastic!

East coast, New Hampshire, etc.. ( Killington, Loon, sunday river)

Style:
groomers, never been to park at all (don't plan on it), black diamonds

not much pow or out of bounds at all.

Experience:
been riding for 3 seasons.

what i rode before getting heritage:
Solomon Drift Rocker (hate it)

Okay so any help would be awesome....!

PS a thing thats odd is having the Colorodo call sign on the bottom.. that keeps dragging me to the Proto as well

Thank you all!
FractureItAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

So, you're just looking to cruise groomers on the east coast? Either will work just fine. Do you ride a lot of switch? If you do, the Proto would definitely be better suited for you. If you don't, stick with the Heritage. I always rode true twins, but here lately I've just realized that I simply don't ride enough switch to justify it. I like a little bit of setback in a board.

Don't base your decision on graphics. I'm ashamed to admit that I let graphics sway me on my last board purchase. The Proto is a sick board. Great name, great graphics. However, despite it's dumb name and hideous graphics, the Cobra is far better suited to my riding style. Thankfully, a buddy of mine had bought the Cobra and then found out the Proto suited him better, so we just swapped boards.

Last edited by linvillegorge; 12-02-2013 at 03:05 PM.
linvillegorge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Aside from the whole graphic thing, which you obviously seem kind of hung up on since you've posted about that twice now, what exactly is it that makes you think the Proto is a better board for your purposes? If anything I'd guess that Heritage would be better suited for you based on the fact that you have zero park aspirations.

But I'm sure someone here with much more product knowledge than me will chime in soon. Hopefully.....

Edit: I was assuming you weren't riding switch.
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
So, you're just looking to cruise groomers on the east coast? Either will work just fine. Do you ride a lot of switch? If you do, the Proto would definitely be better suited for you. If you don't, stick with the Heritage. I always rode true twins, but here lately I've just realized that I simply don't ride enough switch to justify it. I like a little bit of setback in a board.

Don't base your decision on graphics. I'm ashamed to admit that I let graphics sway me on my last board purchase. The Proto is a sick board. Great name, great graphics. However, despite it's dumb name and hideous graphics, the Cobra is far better suited to my riding style. Thankfully, a buddy of mine had bought the Cobra and then found out the Proto suited him better, so we just swapped boards.
thanks for the feedback yeah i don't do any switch
FractureItAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I honestly think you'd be better off sticking with the Heritage.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I have a Heritage (2013 model, the white one). I have been riding about as long as you and I ride groomers in the Great Lakes region and I really love this board. It goes fast, rides like a Cadillac on groomers and holds an edge well. Fine on icy stuff.

As for the base graphics, who cares? And as for the topsheet, what's not to like about a fucking eagle slaying a snake? Maybe it is a bit reminiscent of an 80's hair band (credit Sabatoa for that description) but that just makes it even more awesome IMO. It's an eagle slaying a fucking snake.

Just ride it and put your worries aside "brah".
trapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post
I have a Heritage (2013 model, the white one). I have been riding about as long as you and I ride groomers in the Great Lakes region and I really love this board. It goes fast, rides like a Cadillac on groomers and holds an edge well. Fine on icy stuff.

As for the base graphics, who cares? And as for the topsheet, what's not to like about a fucking eagle slaying a snake? Maybe it is a bit reminiscent of an 80's hair band (credit Sabatoa for that description) but that just makes it even more awesome IMO. It's an eagle slaying a fucking snake.

comment of the year :eusa_ clap:
Hiltzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linvillegorge View Post
Dumb name and hideous graphics?! I'm not getting why "cobra" is such a dumb name?! Better than "proto", no? Also the graphics are hardly offensive, quite classy actually. And did you see the first version of the 2014 cobra before they changed it?! 70s tattoo parlor chic springs to mind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trapper View Post

Lol...brilliant
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Since I rode both of these last season, I can honestly say that for the riding you described, the Heritage is the board you want, not the Proto.
It never gets old, if you're in it for the passion, and not the fashion
NWBoarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Might help further if you tell us why you hated the salomon drift rocker?
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote