Union Bindings Replacement Parts Question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 11:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Union Bindings Replacement Parts Question

Does anyone have any experience in getting replacement parts from Union? The straps on my Force bindings are pretty much shot at this point after about 25 - 30 days of riding. The straps are all ripped/torn up underneath the buckles which is causing them to dig their way into my boots and mess those up too. I'm assuming that straps aren't a warranty item? Do I just need to email them and request straps?

Come to think of it, shouldn't straps hold up for more than 25-30 days of riding? I mean, I've got a pair of super old school LTD bindings that have 50+ days on them and the straps look nearly brand new...
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2008, 12:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Wow. So it's going to cost me $80 to replace the straps on the Unions...So now I'm wondering if I should spend the $80, or if I should just buy a new (not Union) pair of bindings?
Old 12-31-2008, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I've got over 20 days on my Union Force DLX's and I am using them on a splitboard which means I do a lot of things snowboard binders weren't necessarily designed with that use in mind. Anyhow, the straps looked fine last I checked. Actually quite good. You might try speaking with Union about it. At the very least maybe they'll cut you a deal on new straps and you can get them for something more reasonable like $40 vs $80. I am with you on the higher price tag. I would probably just go get a new pair of bindings.
killclimbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 12:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by killclimbz View Post
I've got over 20 days on my Union Force DLX's and I am using them on a splitboard which means I do a lot of things snowboard binders weren't necessarily designed with that use in mind. Anyhow, the straps looked fine last I checked. Actually quite good. You might try speaking with Union about it. At the very least maybe they'll cut you a deal on new straps and you can get them for something more reasonable like $40 vs $80. I am with you on the higher price tag. I would probably just go get a new pair of bindings.
I emailed Union about the straps since they've got so few days on them and the guy gave me a 1 sentence reply.

"Replacement straps are available at www.c3-shop.com"

No, "thank you". No "glad you like our bindings". No, "sorry the straps only lasted 25-30 days etc"...No nothing.

I guess it's new binding time! I am really, really leaning toward Rome Targas. Riding style is 75% all mtn and 25% park I figure they should be just about perfect for what I do. Plus, I keep reading on how great Rome is at standing behind their stuff.

Last edited by Gnarly; 12-31-2008 at 01:46 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

This is the third year on my force and my straps are holding up just fine. What do you ride with razor blades on your boots?
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

EIGHTY FUCKING DOLLARS FOR A FUCKING STRAP?!

My local hill only charged $2, and even that was too much.

Well this isn't bad, but still a damn ripoff.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
EIGHTY FUCKING DOLLARS FOR A FUCKING STRAP?!

My local hill only charged $2, and even that was too much.

Well this isn't bad, but still a damn ripoff.
$80 is because I need all 4. The toe straps are absolutely shot. I can see the metal buckle through the underside of the toe straps. The heel straps will be in the same shape after another few days of riding and the stitching is starting to come apart on the right heel strap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo
This is the third year on my force and my straps are holding up just fine. What do you ride with razor blades on your boots?
They started ripping and tearing after only a few times riding. I figured that maybe it was normal for goat skin leather and didn't think anything of it till this season when it started to get really bad.

I do ride very hard and combined with weighing 215lbs, I just figured maybe it was par for the course. It wasn't till last night when I looked at my POS LTD bindings and noticed they were in great shape that I really began to wonder.

I seem to have very bad luck with bindings. Broke Flow Teams last season...And this season the Inverter (Force) bindndings bit the dust too. I just bought a pair of 2009 Rome Targas for $150! I never did like the pink Pteradactyls on the one highback (one is pink, one is light brown) on the Inverters...So I figured that instead of spending $80 plus shipping, I'd just spend another $70 and get a new pair of bindings.

Last edited by Gnarly; 12-31-2008 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 04:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Yeah that sucks man...fortunately my boots fit well with the force cap strap so there are no abrasive pressure points. I don't think the force had leather on them last year so the straps are just a cheap vinyl. You had to upgrade to the Data to get the leather straps. I'm glad they do offer replacement straps on their site because the baseplate has a lifetime warranty and thing is solid. I've been on my force for 2 and a half seasons now and they're holding up pretty well with just some minor abrasion to the outside of the toe straps..I'm just going to buy some replacements and be good for another year. Hopefully the Targas work out for you.
Extremo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:30 AM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

All you need are the actual straps, and not the buckles or ladder straps right? Have you checked with all your local Union retailers, to see what they have in their warranty parts bins? Also, if you tell them what happened, maybe they can hook you up. I've got close to 30 days on my '08 Force DLX, and no serious problems so far.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Extremo View Post
I don't think the force had leather on them last year so the straps are just a cheap vinyl. You had to upgrade to the Data to get the leather straps.
I had the special model they did with Airblaster. It used the Force baseplate but everything else was designed by Airblaster, hence the leather straps.