Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   I just cant decide! Help! (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/10880-i-just-cant-decide-help.html)

SeattleBoarder 01-01-2009 01:07 AM

I just cant decide! Help!

Okay so I have been boarding for a while , except last season i was on a traveling basketball team i ended that. Anyways i need help picking out a board!

Im 6 ft tall
My boot size is 13-14
My weight is 185
I really like riding all over the mountain. I like powder and I also like the park , I also ride back country probbaly 6 times a year. I need a board that can cover it all. I honestly probbaly ride the groomed trails the most but like i said i hit rails and waterfalls so I want something versitile! Im not sure if I like "all mountain" boards but who knows they could be great!

So someone please help me!

powderjet81 01-01-2009 01:40 AM

Two options:

Burton Bullet 164.
Rome Flag 160 or 163.

Bullet is cheaper and easier to ride. Flag is more expensive but got more performance.

If you have less $$$ and want to do more park: bullet.
More $$$ and want to ride faster, more groomers etc: flag.

junkie28 01-01-2009 01:45 AM

I think you can ride a snowboard that is around 158-162cm longer or shorter depending on the type of riding you prefer. What's the percentage of free-style and free-ride that you think you'd be doing? All-mountain boards are the best of both worlds in terms of versitility.

You may want to look into reversed camber technology (aka banana, BTX, rocker) versus traditional camber.

You might want to get a wide board because of shoe size
Some great all-mountain boards that are
Rome Slash (free-style all mountain, wide version of the Agent (highly recommended board))
Rome Anthem (all-mountain (same as agent but slightly towards more free-ride))
Atomic Hatchet wide (great all around bang for the buck)
K2 Darkstar wide (all mountain)
K2 Jibpan (free-style all mountain)

Some great rocker boards are
Never Summer Legacy-R (wide version of the SL-R)
Never Summer Revolver (more free-style, wide version of EVO)
Libtech Skate Banana
Libtech Dark Series
Libtech TRS

LOL, sorry, I might have given you too much to think about now, have fun, and good luck.

SeattleBoarder 01-01-2009 11:36 AM

Thanks , right now im considering a burton bullet. Should I ride a wide board or does it nor really make a big differnce remember my boot size is 13-14

oct6454 01-01-2009 11:55 AM

I would recommend definatly a wide board because you don't want any toe drag!! Also i would recommend the burton bullet !! i have one myself i am 6'3 and ride the wide version with size 12 and love it especially for the powder and groomed runs. It flies!!!! As for the park i've never really taken it in the park so i'm not sure how it performs there.

powderjet81 01-01-2009 12:04 PM

Wide board for sure. For most regular board sizes a size 11 is about as big as you can get away with before you would get heel and toe drag.

A guy i used to live with had size 13 boots and he had terrible drag on regular width boards.

KC KONG 01-01-2009 12:16 PM

I would go wide board and large bindings. As for board i would lean more towards a park oriented board. They do fine on groomed runs. As for powder i have never road a powder board but i road my Rome artifact 150 (i am 6'2" 155) in a foot of pow a week ago. Although i dont have anything to compair it to i would say it was good but not great. Plus powder doesnt seem commen enough to go get a pow board instead of a more park board.

burton blunt wide

SeattleBoarder 01-01-2009 01:40 PM

I have found a burton x8 online for a very reasonable price , should i spend the extra money for the board? It isnt wide but according to the reviews with the est bindings it doesnt seem to be a problem?

SeattleBoarder 01-01-2009 02:03 PM

If i do ending getting the bullet what size shall i get? the 160W or 164W im 6 feet tall and 180+ ish . I personally am leaning towards 160w

snowjeeper 01-01-2009 02:59 PM

i would say 160W, unless you only do powder riding. at that weight you shouldn't have to have a 164