Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Skate banana vs never summer SL (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/109385-skate-banana-vs-never-summer-sl.html)

vroble 12-05-2013 10:39 PM

Skate banana vs never summer SL

Hey guys looking to get a board but stuck between the 2014 skate banana and the 2014 never summer SL

Want an all mountain board with about 30% park the rest all mountain riding

Anyone have anything to help me decide!

djsaad1 12-05-2013 11:01 PM

The SL is geared more towards all mountain, but I am not the biggest SL fan. Liked the TRS and Riders Choice better.

You should take a look at the riders choice it compares better to the SL and in my opinion is much more fun.

hktrdr 12-05-2013 11:28 PM

Depends on what kind of all-mountain riding you are looking at:
For messing around and buttering all-over the place and for pow - Skate Banana.
For more carving, groomers, and chop - SL.

But lots of other boards also fit your (pretty broad) description...

Mystery2many 12-05-2013 11:29 PM

I have both (not 2014) and they are completely different boards. They ride nothing alike. Depends what kind of ride you like. If your an aggressive rider then I doubt you will like the banana.

vroble 12-05-2013 11:43 PM

Basically I'm looking for an all mountain board that's gonna give me good control on hard pack that has enough flex to dabble in the park but still holds up good at higher speeds on groomers. I know this is broad just seeing if anyone had any good comparisons I know never summer also has the proto and cobra which compare but the banana I was told is a good board.

ehcanadian30 12-05-2013 11:44 PM

Take a look at the GNU Park Pickle its a bit stiffer then the SB, I rode that for all mountain and enjoyed it a good amount, I personally found it to perform better for all-mountain but that was because I just felt it was too stiff for me (I like a softer flex) But it still performed really well in the park

hktrdr 12-05-2013 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroble (Post 1311913)
Basically I'm looking for an all mountain board that's gonna give me good control on hard pack that has enough flex to dabble in the park but still holds up good at higher speeds on groomers. I know this is broad just seeing if anyone had any good comparisons I know never summer also has the proto and cobra which compare but the banana I was told is a good board.

How much do you weigh/what board sizes are you looking at? At smaller sizes the above sounds a bit more like the SL, but at longer sizes the SB gets stiffer and much more stable.

vroble 12-06-2013 12:08 AM

I was looking at the 159 skate banana and the never summer proto or cobra 158

hktrdr 12-06-2013 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vroble (Post 1312001)
I was looking at the 159 skate banana and the never summer proto or cobra 158

At that size point the Banana will be plenty stiff.