Got my new board..got a question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 12:49 AM   #1 (permalink)
stanggt210

Default Got my new board..got a question

Ok..I picked up an 09 neversummer sl-r 158 with some rossignol bindings..my question is if i should have gotten a 155 instead..Im 5'7 155-160 lbs..please help out a newbie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2009, 12:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Psyre

I don't think the 3cm will make that noticeable of a difference. Most sizing charts I see say 160-170lbs is 150-160cm if you think about it that is a substantial gap in snowboards. Are you mountain or park oriented?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
stanggt210

im more mountain but i know ill want to hit up the park too when im a little better
Old 01-02-2009, 01:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Psyre

all mountain typically desires a longer board, and most park users usually use a shorter board. I think what you have will be fine for the mountain as well as playing around in the park. I know some people who want longer boards for the park also. There's no right answer really. I would say your fine however.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You could have gotten way with a 155, if you're unsure can you just exchange it? By pick up I assume you mean you bought it local. Anyways it won't be any huge difference but might as well exchange it now if you're gonna instead of regretting it later.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
stanggt210

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenzo View Post
You could have gotten way with a 155, if you're unsure can you just exchange it? By pick up I assume you mean you bought it local. Anyways it won't be any huge difference but might as well exchange it now if you're gonna instead of regretting it later.
yea i bought it local.why would i regret though?is it that big of a difference between a 155 and 158 to make me regret it?
Old 01-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Psyre

No he wasn't saying that he was just saying if you would feel bette on the 155 exchange so you don't regret it. If your comfortable with the 158 you have nothing to worry about. There isn't a big enough difference to change your performance, just what you feel more comfortable.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:44 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyre View Post
No he wasn't saying that he was just saying if you would feel bette on the 155 exchange so you don't regret it. If your comfortable with the 158 you have nothing to worry about. There isn't a big enough difference to change your performance, just what you feel more comfortable.
exactly
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 01:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
stanggt210

well thats good news..thanks for the advice.ill probably just stick it out with the 158 since 3cm really cant be that big of a difference..i dont think i would be able to return it anyways.if anyone has anything else let me know

Last edited by stanggt210; 01-02-2009 at 02:00 AM. Reason: add
Old 01-02-2009, 02:03 PM   #10 (permalink)
tands05

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanggt210 View Post
Ok..I picked up an 09 neversummer sl-r 158 with some rossignol bindings..my question is if i should have gotten a 155 instead..Im 5'7 155-160 lbs..please help out a newbie
I am 5'8 165 and ride a 151 Never Summer System..