Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Advice For My Next Board (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/109745-advice-my-next-board.html)

LA Forever 12-07-2013 06:01 AM

Advice For My Next Board

I currently have a 2011 Burton Custom Flying V and I love it, except for the fact that it doesn't hold very well in icy conditions and hard pack. I'm looking for a new board (model year 2012+) that is all-mountain but is both good in powder AND ice. I would prefer it to be a Burton channel board as I would want to use my EST Cartels on them, and I really don't want to buy new bindings. Any suggestions?

Wiredsport 12-07-2013 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LA Forever (Post 1316177)
I currently have a 2011 Burton Custom Flying V and I love it, except for the fact that it doesn't hold very well in icy conditions and hard pack. I'm looking for a new board (model year 2012+) that is all-mountain but is both good in powder AND ice. I would prefer it to be a Burton channel board as I would want to use my EST Cartels on them, and I really don't want to buy new bindings. Any suggestions?

Hi LA,

Have you considered wavy edges? Magnetraction and Griptech can help a lot if you basically like your current Camber Rocker Camber profile but want a little more grip.

STOKED!

Oldman 12-07-2013 10:34 AM

If you want to stay with Burton, you need to consider any of the Customs or the Juice Wagon.

Lamps 12-07-2013 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldman (Post 1316457)
If you want to stay with Burton, you need to consider any of the Customs or the Juice Wagon.

Or process.

Or used vapor

trapper 12-07-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lamps (Post 1316601)
Or process.

Or used vapor

I think you meant Proto HD.

rscott22 12-07-2013 12:52 PM

If you want better edge hold then you Magne traction end of story. Im a huge NeverSummer fan and love the boards, but VARIO traction that they offer is nothing even close to Magne Traction offered by Lib Tech and SMOKIN Snowboards. I own both brand and love both boards, but for edge hold Magne Traction is the best on the market PERIOD.

Lamps 12-07-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trapper (Post 1316633)
I think you meant Proto HD.

My bad. All hail NS Proto HD...

What as the big about the Colorado sticker again?

dahorseman25 12-07-2013 02:11 PM

if your looking for a board thats meant to hold on ice and hard pack look no further than the lib tech skate banana, its got the edges that are meant to hold on tight and never let you fall, its a all mountai board but is a bit soft downin the mid to lower 150s range. People may say there are better boards out there that can do the same thing and might be better but for the price you cant beat the skate banana

LA Forever 12-10-2013 06:35 AM

Thanks for the suggestions guys!