New Board Yes PYL vs NS Cobra vs Rome Anthem - Page 5 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #41 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banjo View Post
You tweaked your ankle and didnt ride the next day?

You'll love it man, I think you are bang on with the 156.
Hahaha! I was watching today. He didn't look happy sitting with his foot in a bucket. They have been throwing down on the Dew Tour. So awesome.
Jes-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #42 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes-Z View Post
How tall & Weight are you Tonic?

I'm 6' 175 pounds. I ride the 156. Just rode it for a week in Park City and now I'm back on the Ice Coast at Stratton and its fine. I like narrower waist widths though too and I ride 24.9 a lot. My Burton Aftermath 158 is 24.9 and holds a slightly better edge but the Yes is more fun in a lot of situations. But I'm also getting old..
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:34 PM   #43 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Where'd you get that image from....I only ask because I am still 100% certain the trouble is not an asymmetrical sidecut board. I've had it in my hands. It isn't. That you contacted Yes and they said it was asym is also odd b/c all the specs on it (both last years and this years) claim it with the same sidecut on both sides including their current website.

But enough! Let us unite over our love of the Big City, and leave the Littlest Hobo out of this!!! (honestly, learn a little about 1980s canadian television....)

Edit: I see you nabbed that image from Dogfunk....slightly contradicting info considering right next to that text, they post the specs which clearly show one sidecut. You cant have a board with asym sidecut and not label it on the board.

Last edited by Banjo; 12-15-2013 at 05:39 PM.
Banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 05:51 PM   #44 (permalink)
Veteran Member

No worries. I'm not all worked up about it. I'm old I know who little Hobo is

Nothing surprises me from these snowboard companies, especially because in the past production has been out of their hands. I just know that it's pretty easy to have a different sidecut radius on one side of a board without it being visually noticeable. I'm sure if you studied it someone might notice.

And while YES has had a spotty track record production-wise I do agree that an asymmetrical directional board would be a real F-You to goofy riders. But I just can't get over the heel-side edge on my Big City. It is so effortless, I really have to back off my forward lean. It's so noticeably different from a cambered board. Whereas I don't find the toeside that noticeably different. Have you experienced this? Is it something unique to The Big City or camrock? I really like it, I don't need asymm with this kind of responsiveness.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #45 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I just noticed a large difference in the overall way it rode, I was on old Options and shit like that. it was a huge change. I found it held onto a carve real good, you could pin it into a carve line and it would just stay there. I didnt specifically find a difference in one side to another....perhaps when you mounted up your bindings, they centered your foot a bit better over the board

If you really want to blow your mind....pair it with a set of NOW bindings. Game changer.

Edit: I know there were some issues coming from the nidecker factory in the early years with inserts being in the wrong spot and such, the 2012s were the last ones made there before they moved away from nidecker.

Last edited by Banjo; 12-15-2013 at 06:41 PM.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
I just noticed a large difference in the overall way it rode, I was on old Options and shit like that. it was a huge change. I found it held onto a carve real good, you could pin it into a carve line and it would just stay there. I didnt specifically find a difference in one side to another....perhaps when you mounted up your bindings, they centered your foot a bit better over the board

If you really want to blow your mind....pair it with a set of NOW bindings. Game changer.

Edit: I know there were some issues coming from the nidecker factory in the early years with inserts being in the wrong spot and such, the 2012s were the last ones made there before they moved away from nidecker.

Now you got me wondering if these boards on the clymb are left overs from 2012 that have issuses.
Old 12-15-2013, 06:53 PM   #47 (permalink)
Veteran Member

It wasnt so much that a large chunk of them had issues, there were just anomolies that were found by a few people. Just look as soon as you get it to see that the inserts are in the right spots, and that it actually has camber. If it seems messed up, return it. simple!
Old 12-15-2013, 06:58 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
It wasnt so much that a large chunk of them had issues, there were just anomolies that were found by a few people. Just look as soon as you get it to see that the inserts are in the right spots, and that it actually has camber. If it seems messed up, return it. simple!
From what I read on the clymb, there are final sales. No returns.

Now I'm really worried! Lol
Old 12-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #49 (permalink)

I picked up '12 great dudes off the clymb, was in great shape. Only thing I could see was a light scuff on the top sheet.

Rides a-may-zing! (Paired with NOW IPOs).
neachdainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:57 PM   #50 (permalink)
Veteran Member

How's the pop in it. The 2012 is supposed to be softer and less camber than 2013.