New Board Yes PYL vs NS Cobra vs Rome Anthem - Page 6 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #51 (permalink)

Way poppier than my buddies NS legacy, my ultralight (obviously), and my old Rossi one magtek... That's about all I can compare it to.
neachdainn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2013, 03:18 PM   #52 (permalink)

Ok, after much back and forth and trying to make a decision. I'm going with the Yes Big City because the price is too good to pass up.

I will post pics when it arrives.
Jes-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 04:35 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes-Z View Post
Ok, after much back and forth and trying to make a decision. I'm going with the Yes Big City because the price is too good to pass up.

I will post pics when it arrives.
Good choice. I think you'll love it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonicusa View Post
And while YES has had a spotty track record production-wise I do agree that an asymmetrical directional board would be a real F-You to goofy riders. But I just can't get over the heel-side edge on my Big City.
True. On their greats true twin asym series they clearly mark the heelside so no matter if you are goofy or not.
scotty100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:46 PM   #54 (permalink)

Got the board in the mail today. I'd say it about 98% brand spanking new. Lol.

There was a small scuff/scratch on the tail about 2 inches long and about 2mm wide. So the top deck wasn't perfect. Lol.

The bottom had a few scuffs but I'm not worried. The wax will cover them.

Overall, I think the deal with The Clymb was too good to pass up.

The board is slightly more flexible than my Rome Anthem which is exactly what I wanted. Can't wait to try it out.

Bottom

I also started to do some Indo Board excersizes to improve my ankle stability and endurance. Here's a video of me doing it.

Last edited by Jes-Z; 01-03-2014 at 08:49 PM.
Old 01-04-2014, 12:41 PM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 131441 View Post
I made a big jump when I upgraded boards. I went from a Morrow rail to the NS Cobra. let me say that I was able to kill it on Baker last year. I love, love, love the Cobra.
A PYL is a big mountain board. Are you sure that's what you want? A Cobra would be a better choice, or maybe a Heritage if you like the NS line.

If you want Yes, and ASYM could be great.
Nolefan2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 08:16 AM   #56 (permalink)

So following on from Jenny Jones winning bronze in slopestyle at Sochi, a UK vendor offered a celebratory 30% discount on all snowboards they had in stock. They had a new Yes Big City 158 which was already discounted, so I could not resist the bargain price...

Reading these posts now, I'm wondering if it will be too long for me? I'm 5'11" and tip the scales at around 160lbs - I already have a NS Proto CT in 154, which I love (after detuning tip and tail), however I am not as comfortable on it at speed as I was on my old Salomon Official 158.

My plan is to keep the Yes Big City in the quiver for fresh and charging days, then use the Proto for more playing around and park days. Does the Yes Big City in 158 fit the bill here? I am asking as I still have time to send it back! Any advice gratefully received...unfortunately I won't be able to try out the Yes board till March, when it will be too late to return it
lkblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 09:38 AM   #57 (permalink)

Hey guys, I got back from my trip on Sunday.

I have to say that the Yes Big City was amazing. It had the perfect amount of flex and I centered the stance. I did ride some powder with it but I should've set the stance back further, but I had a great time either way. I have to say the board is really fast. Even faster than I thought. It was great fun and I love it. So happy with my purchase.