Advice on the Right Board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2013, 05:21 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Advice on the Right Board

I've been snowboarding for 4 years and now I want to find the right board for me (one that I can use for a while and get better with.) I've only begun looking into the different kinds of snowboards so I would like some advice on what I should get.

I ride groomed blue squares and black diamonds (the only "park" I ever do is jumps now and then) so I think I'm looking for a Women's Intermediate to Advanced All-Mountain Freeride snowboard. Through the "research" I've done on snowboards I think one with a directional (or semi-directional) shape, a camber profile, and a medium flex would be right for me. I'm 5' 4" so 143 to 147 is the length range I'm looking at.

A few boards I've looked at are:

Burton Feelgood ICS Snowboard - Womens (On Sale Burton Feelgood ICS Snowboard - Womens up to 50% off) This one only comes in the length 156 But it has everything else that I want (plus the sale price is AMAZING!)

Burton Feelgood Snowboard - Womens 2014 (On Sale Burton Feelgood Snowboard - Womens 2014) Would I be able to handle the stiffness?

Rossignol Justice Amptex Snowboard 145 - Womens (On Sale Rossignol Justice Amptek Snowboard 145 - Womens up to 40% off) Is the Hybrid Amptek All-Mountian Camber what I'm looking for? Is Rossignol a good brand for snowboards?

DC Ply Snowboard - Womens 2014 (On Sale DC Ply Snowboard - Womens 2014) Is this DC board one that will last me for a long time?

Overall I'm just looking for a women's board that will help me go fast, carve hard, and progressively get better with on groomed runs.

Do you have any idea about what would be right for me? Like I said, I've only been looking into snowboard design for a little while now, so I hope I didn't get any of this information incorrect.

Thanks!
jewelsca611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Not to be that guy, but what is your weight? It's more important than height for sizing

I don't know much about women's boards but how about the Diva?

Rossigonol Diva

2012 store link | 2013 store link
Dunskap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 07:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh, it's fine. I'm about 120 pounds. And the Rossignol Diva does seem nice, I'll definitely consider it.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

At 120 lbs you should get a 144 or 149 Feelgood per Burton's charts. The 156 is too long.

To save $ look for last years feelgood.

In my family 3 women ride the feelgood, two girls and my wife. It's a great board, would suit you for years.
Lamps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

Thank you!
Old 12-08-2013, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yes Rossignol makes a good board but I dont know anything about the Justice. Burton Feelgood is always a solid choice. Dont know anyone who rides, nor have I seen many reviews on DC boards.

Just got a pretty good deal for my wife at Evo on a 12/13 Ride Farah you might wanna look at. It comes with high praise from Neni another female poster on this board who is about your size and riding style. The graphics look way better in person. They still have them in 144, 47 and 50

Last edited by Nein11; 12-08-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Nein11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks! I'll definitely check the Ride Farah out
Old 12-09-2013, 03:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
The Swiss Miss

+1 for the Farah
It was recommended to me by Nivek, got it at the end of last season actually as groomer board but did ride it the last three days mostly in fresh (it was an awsome spring over here ). Nice light footed board. You can cruise it if you want to relax or ride it fast; it caves well, did perform good in the fresh and I honestly loved to ride it in moguls (which are pita with my other board). Very nice all day all mountain board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nein11 View Post
Just got a pretty good deal for my wife at Evo on a 12/13 Ride Farah you might wanna look at.
Did you get it out already? Does she like it?

The average human has one breast and one testicle ~ Des McHale

Last edited by neni; 12-09-2013 at 03:21 PM.
neni is online now   Reply With Quote