Looking for a new park board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a new park board

So last year I started to look for a new park board. I have had my 159 Burton J Jones for a couple of years now. I love it but i feel like its too big. This is my 13th season so im a experienced rider. Im looking for something to help my spins and i wont be hitting jumps bigger that 25ft. Would going down to a 155 or 156 make a difference and improve my areas? Im 6'1'' 185.
snow_dsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

If you are in the US, go to buysnow.com who is offering 50% all of their last years stuff. Got a WWW for $140 just right now.
jdang307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hey I am more or less the exact same size you are. I have owned/ridden different sized park boards from 151-157.

I jib so I prefer a 153, I personally thought 157 was too big for the park. If you mainly hit jumps a 157 will feel a lot more stable on the landing. You may lose out a bit on spinning, but unless you are hucking more than 5's it shouldn't matter that much.

It all comes down to rider preference. And my preference is to just ride whatever stick I can until that isn't an option.
YT.Boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)

Are rome boards good? ive only ridden burton and i found a good deal on a Rome Shank and thinking about getting it for fun.
snow_dsm13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:02 AM   #5 (permalink)

Default park boards

I have a Captia outsiders and it is a great board for the park ! you should also check out the k2 fastplant thats a pretty dope park board!
thekaceyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #6 (permalink)

Never ridden the Rome Shank personally. I have ridden a 156 Rome Artifact (Camber version), it was my buddies old board.
Good board, couldn't find anything wrong with it. I was used to something a bit smaller at the time so it felt a bit heavy, not to sure if it was the 4cm difference or if the board did have some extra weight.
YT.Boarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_dsm13 View Post
Are rome boards good? ive only ridden burton and i found a good deal on a Rome Shank and thinking about getting it for fun.
I'm riding the Shank currently! Only been out on it twice so far, but I love it. Pretty playful little board, a bit stiffer than Rome makes it out to be, mainly in the tip and tail, but definately on the softer side still. Can handle the rougher all mountain stuff as well if you got the steez to keep it under control!
joebooy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 09:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yeah I have made the mistake of going down too small in the past thinking it would help with spins and it really didn't. Everything is smoother, better balanced and more on lock when a board fits your body mass properly. I can't stand having too short a board in the pipe either, winds up being a lot of hidden drawbacks with that too. My "opinion" is to always try and use a board that is properly sized for you and work on your riding with no shortcuts. just my advice from personal experience.
tonicusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 01:21 AM   #9 (permalink)

Ride Buckwild Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet

157cm buckwild is my suggestion
Dunskap is offline   Reply With Quote