Another size question - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Another size question

Stats:
6'2
210 pounds

I typically ride between a 159cm and a 162cm board, all depending. My direct question is: What differences will I feel or notice riding a 157cm?

I ask because I can get a sweet deal on a used Travis Rice 157cm. Normally I wouldn't consider it, but I feel great on a 159 Skate Banana and logic tells me, how could 2cm impact me considering it would be on a stiffer deck? Would the board just feel too loose for me or would it chatter while bombing?

I used to own a 161.5 T. Rice and it was a a great ride FWIW.
kdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

I'm 6'3" and 210 lbs. I rode a Lib T. Rice 161.5 for a season. With the exception of powder days, I wish I had the 157. I rode a 157 Proto and was happy on it, and I think the T. Rice would have been great in a 157. I wear a size 11 boot, and the T. Rice was just wide enough to make it noticeably less quick edge to edge, and it was a bit of a clunker in the trees. Unless you have giant feet, I think the 157 will be great, just don't expect it to float perfect on pow days.
BigmountainVMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigmountainVMD View Post
I'm 6'3" and 210 lbs. I rode a Lib T. Rice 161.5 for a season. With the exception of powder days, I wish I had the 157. I rode a 157 Proto and was happy on it, and I think the T. Rice would have been great in a 157. I wear a size 11 boot, and the T. Rice was just wide enough to make it noticeably less quick edge to edge, and it was a bit of a clunker in the trees. Unless you have giant feet, I think the 157 will be great, just don't expect it to float perfect on pow days.
No powder here at all on the ice coast. I am used to ice and more ice. I started my Sunday on a 162 TRS and then mid-day I went to a 159 Skate Banana and I couldn't really tell the difference. In fact the Skate Banana was more playful and still stable.
kdirt is offline   Reply With Quote