flow bindings - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 12:57 PM   #11 (permalink)

pish posh, any set of bindings that only cost me $20 bucks is THE way to go. at least by my standards :P
chowman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 01:02 PM   #12 (permalink)

Used Flow M9's last season, and I was happy with them. This year, I got tired of putting them on. I had a hard time getting into the highbacks sitting. I would have to lift the board up w/ my forward foot that was strapped in. Then I would slip my foot in the binding. If I had a chair to sit in, then it's not a problem getting into. Other from that, they worked fine getting down the hill.

Switched up to Rome Targa's because of all the favorable reviews I read here, and I couldn't be happier. Both sets up worked well for me, but at this time, I think I'm gonna go w/ traditional bindings for now...
EvoKnvl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:07 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvoKnvl View Post
Used Flow M9's last season, and I was happy with them. This year, I got tired of putting them on. I had a hard time getting into the highbacks sitting. I would have to lift the board up w/ my forward foot that was strapped in. Then I would slip my foot in the binding. If I had a chair to sit in, then it's not a problem getting into. Other from that, they worked fine getting down the hill.

Switched up to Rome Targa's because of all the favorable reviews I read here, and I couldn't be happier. Both sets up worked well for me, but at this time, I think I'm gonna go w/ traditional bindings for now...

That's your problem. Flows are made so you don't have to sit down to put them on. They are more difficult than a strap-in to put on when sitting down because of the rear entry design rather than the top entry of a strap-in. If you have to get into the Flows while on the hill they are easier to get into while on your knees. Getting them on in deep powder is a royal pain in the ass.
Grimdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 01:13 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdog View Post
That's your problem. Flows are made so you don't have to sit down to put them on. They are more difficult than a strap-in to put on when sitting down because of the rear entry design rather than the top entry of a strap-in. If you have to get into the Flows while on the hill they are easier to get into while on your knees. Getting them on in deep powder is a royal pain in the ass.
Hmm, last season, I must have had a lot of benches to sit in cuz it wasn't a problem for me TO be honest, I was in above knee high pow one time, and I didn't have a problem getting out. Getting in, I had to get to an area that wasn't as deep, and get in my binding standing up... It worked, but it sucked...

Either or, they worked fine, I just got sick of strapping in. To be honest though, the Targa's feel a lot more responsive going edge to edge though...
Old 01-04-2009, 01:24 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
This year, I got tired of putting them on. I had a hard time getting into the highbacks sitting. I would have to lift the board up w/ my forward foot that was strapped in. Then I would slip my foot in the binding. I
Quote:
Hmm, last season, I must have had a lot of benches to sit in cuz it wasn't a problem for me

So which is it? Were they hard for you or not? Putting Flows on while sitting on a bench is not a problem but it is still a lot easier putting them on while you ride off the lift. If you're sitting on your ass on the ground, they are difficult to put on unless you roll onto your knees. This way you don't have to lift up you your front foot that is strapped in and look like a fish out of water. Also, I didn't say anything about Flows being hard to get your foot out of in powder. Getting your foot back in is the hard part, in powder.

I love my Flows. Just not in powder.
Old 01-04-2009, 02:14 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
So which is it? Were they hard for you or not? Putting Flows on while sitting on a bench is not a problem but it is still a lot easier putting them on while you ride off the lift. If you're sitting on your ass on the ground, they are difficult to put on unless you roll onto your knees. This way you don't have to lift up you your front foot that is strapped in and look like a fish out of water. Also, I didn't say anything about Flows being hard to get your foot out of in powder. Getting your foot back in is the hard part, in powder.

I love my Flows. Just not in powder.
Easy there turbo... They were hard for me to get into when I didn't have a bench. If I had a bench to sit in, then it wasn't a problem. If I was sitting on the ground, then it was a problem. As a person used to getting up from his butt, I never tried putting them on my knees.

I didn't say I hate Flows and that they suck. I'm just explaining why I switched over to a traditional strap binding. At the end of the day, I felt like I wasn't saving that much time using them and I just wanted to try something different anyways...
Old 01-04-2009, 02:24 PM   #17 (permalink)

Flows do require an entirely different approach to strapping into your bindings. You can't use the "normal" method of sitting down & strapping in. I've found it easiest standing or with a bench. On a steep slope it can be difficult also.
bobepfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 04:46 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Easy there turbo... They were hard for me to get into when I didn't have a bench. If I had a bench to sit in, then it wasn't a problem. If I was sitting on the ground, then it was a problem. As a person used to getting up from his butt, I never tried putting them on my knees.

I didn't say I hate Flows and that they suck. I'm just explaining why I switched over to a traditional strap binding. At the end of the day, I felt like I wasn't saving that much time using them and I just wanted to try something different anyways...

That makes sense. Your comments seemed to conflict with one another but I understand what you are saying now. As having experience with both types of bindings I definitely agree that there are advantages and disadvantages to both types of bindings.

I hope you mean "Turbo" as in American Gladiators.

Last edited by Grimdog; 01-04-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
That makes sense. Your comments seemed to conflict with one another but I understand what you are saying now. As having experience with both types of bindings I definitely agree that there are advantages and disadvantages to both types of bindings.

I hope you mean "Turbo" as in American Gladiators.

Yah, I'm just saying it really depended on what where I was to put the binding on. Too bad I never thought of putting the bindings while on my knees. I figure that would have been the easiest when there was on bench available...
Old 01-04-2009, 08:17 PM   #20 (permalink)
flipish

flows are great if your lazy like me and dont want to sit down to make it easier to strap into your board. Only thing i dislike is when you take a crazy spill you cant unstrap from your board.