Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   flow bindings (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/11033-flow-bindings.html)

mike000 01-03-2009 09:59 PM

flow bindings

anybody ride them? What other bindings would you consider?

powderjet81 01-03-2009 11:36 PM

Ive ridden them once and did not like them. They were heavier than most bindings and I found they were harder to get my boots into them snuggly. Most bindings have ratchets so that riders can get a flush boot/binding fit. The locking mechanisms on the highbacks just don't cut it. They can be faster to get into but to get boots into them properly takes longer than regular bindings. And I found that even once they are adjusted properly I still had to make adjustments during the day.

Check out bindings from rome, ride and union. I think these companies make the best bindings.

Cant recommend any models cos u didn't specify how u ride!

Jenzo 01-03-2009 11:48 PM

If you go flow, make sure you go towards the high end models, the low end ones are crap.

bobepfd 01-03-2009 11:52 PM

This is my first year on Flows and I love em so far. I've been out probly a dozen times already and now that I've got them dialed in they are awsome. Off the lift and into my bindings with out even missing a beat. And they are exactly how I want them every single time I click into them. The only down side I have found is in the park. They are a little harder to get out of imo, but I'm new to the park lately anyhow so maybe it's just me...

Oh yes and like Jenzo said, high end Flows only. Like all companies you get what you pay for. I'd only ride the NXTs or better.

jonnydanger 01-04-2009 08:07 AM

I rode Flows for years and there are a lot of other recent threads about them on here. I loved them. Yes they are a little heavier but they hold everything in place great every run. Just this year I switched over to Rome Targas and love those too. Like everyone else said, if you're looking to get into Flows check out the higher end models and try last years so they're a little less $$$.

ttchad 01-04-2009 09:34 AM

GNU Fastec

Quote:

Originally Posted by mike000 (Post 104568)
anybody ride them? What other bindings would you consider?

Check out the GNU Fastec bimdings! If you get them you definitely need to give us an opinion. I had flow's on my old atomic and put the Targas back on.

Sebstatizer 01-04-2009 09:42 AM

I've only had Flows on all my boards, I love them! Once you get them set up they are very fast to get into and out of, I think. I wouldn't really know if they were heavier though, since I've only had Flows.

chowman94 01-04-2009 09:51 AM

i roll in burton customs and they rock my world :)

Incogneato 01-04-2009 10:25 AM

anyone else see Scotty Lago break both flow bindings at the same time in The Boned Age?

Jenzo 01-04-2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chowman94 (Post 104673)
i roll in burton customs and they rock my world :)

Customs suck worse than low end Flows, get a real pair of binders and you'll see the difference ;)