Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Is my board too long for my height/weight (THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!) (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/110457-my-board-too-long-my-height.html)

SolarWind 12-09-2013 09:48 PM

Is my board too long for my height/weight (THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!)

Hi there, any help is GREATLY appreciated!! (Like honestly I will love you forever!).

I've been looking EVERYWHERE and researching but I cannot find the answer. Ok so I've been snowboarding for 9 years but I can only go twice a season (due to money). I had a ghetto board before but two years ago I invested in a decent deal.

So I am currently riding a womens 152cm 2011 K2 EcoPop with Ride bindings and Ride boots (I was talked into it and I got it hopefully at a decent deal at a board shop were they set it up wrong :/). I am a female around 5'5 and weigh 160lbs and in the process of losing weight.

I want to get into the park but I feel like my board is too long! Like I have no problem carving/diamonds but honestly getting into the park feels like a nightmare. I feel like my board is still new and I really love it but is it too long for me?

I'm just sad about the situation.

THANK YOU!!

tradnwaves4snow 12-10-2013 04:36 AM

doesnt seem too long to me. but if you're moving into the park you might want to try a wider stance. this will give you more balance and make spinning easier, it will also make the board feel less 'long'

SolarWind 12-10-2013 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tradnwaves4snow (Post 1325521)
doesnt seem too long to me. but if you're moving into the park you might want to try a wider stance. this will give you more balance and make spinning easier, it will also make the board feel less 'long'

Thank you for your help!

JPOW 12-10-2013 06:19 PM

I wouldn't go any bigger than a 152 to be honest. Especially for a park board, like what was mentioned, i'd look into a wider stance. You should be set!

SolarWind 12-10-2013 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPOW (Post 1328249)
I wouldn't go any bigger than a 152 to be honest. Especially for a park board, like what was mentioned, i'd look into a wider stance. You should be set!

Thank you for your help! Do you personally think that right now 152 is too long for me? Or you think it's ok (maybe I'm over thinking and it's totally fine). Thanks!

lolevolol 12-10-2013 06:36 PM

Should be good, Jpow is a fat ass on a 155, you'll be set as long as youre not him

SolarWind 12-10-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lolevolol (Post 1328393)
Should be good, Jpow is a fat ass on a 155, you'll be set as long as youre not him

I sense some sarcasm here lol :P Thank you

Optikal_Illuzion 12-11-2013 02:07 AM

If your not in the park, sounds fine. Should be able to bomb down those hills with little chatter (depending on the board of course). According to evo the board you bought is good anywhere from 120-200lbs so I think you are in the clear!!

poutanen 12-11-2013 11:00 AM

Yeah that actually seems just about right for your weight/height.

Park riding is more psychological anyway. If you're timid about hitting features, you'll likely fail on those features.

Can you get a park lesson where you ride? I'd say that'd be step 1... :thumbsup:

SolarWind 12-12-2013 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poutanen (Post 1330649)
Yeah that actually seems just about right for your weight/height.

Park riding is more psychological anyway. If you're timid about hitting features, you'll likely fail on those features.

Can you get a park lesson where you ride? I'd say that'd be step 1... :thumbsup:

Yeah that's very true. Hmm I wonder if that's possible to get a park lesson, that would be sweet and definitely help. I had a HORRIBLE experience in the park 3 years ago...but that's a different story haha.