Need help/suggestions... - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2007, 10:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
BRAISKI

Default Need help/suggestions...

Hi guys I am new here and I am still a beginner.

I went snowboarding last winter for the first time and I LOVE IT!!! I have been wanting to go for like 7 yrs but I did not have much friends that like snowboarding. I always had hobby for Summer/Fall/Spring but never winter... I really regret not starting sooner, oh well better late than never...

Anyways I have always been renting or borrowing equipment from some friends last winter. Now I wanted to buy my own stuff.

So I am freeride or freestyle.

For now I dont really wanna spend much for everything since I am still a beginner and may not know the different types of board styles/design. So I am thinking of buying cheap package around $300.

Any suggestions from the bottom list?

Boardzone.com

Also I was thinking of buying the cheapest snowboard and bindings then get a a good boots? Or any suggestions?

My statistics...

Weight: 145
Body Type: Fit
Height 5'6"
Shoes: 8 - 8.5

Last edited by BRAISKI; 12-01-2007 at 08:49 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2007, 10:28 AM   #2 (permalink)

What's your boot size? Also, are you freeride AND freestyle? I'm not too clear on that part...
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
BRAISKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic
What's your boot size? Also, are you freeride AND freestyle? I'm not too clear on that part...
Oh I forgot about that its 8...

Well I was reading the sticky and it mentioned
Quote:
As a beginner, it is advised that you should look for a good all-around design, most likely a freeride or freestyle setup.
So is the set up OR? or can it be both?

I just re-read it and for now I am a freeride as I am not good enough for jumping or stuff like that... But when I am good enough I surely want to do some tricks and stuff...

Last edited by BRAISKI; 10-01-2007 at 10:43 AM.
Old 10-01-2007, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Also I was thinking of buying the cheapest snowboard and bindings then get a a good boots? Or any suggestions?
Exactly

Yes buy a good boot, and if you buy it online, make sure you go into the store and try them on first. Board and Binding packages can be found all day long for about $200 and a good boot can run anywhere from $100 to $400. You don't neccesarrily need an -expensive- boot, but one that fits correctly and will be comfortable all day. Think about the boards you rode last year, and get one you will be able to use for more than one season. A lot of people go get themselves a tiny little first board, and can't use it the next season. If you want an even better deal on your gear hit up some old rental/ski shops and check out the demo boards, I live right down the street from Breeze ski rental and they still have about 5 sticks from last season in good shape for $50 bucks.

And don't get a cheap board, get an inexpensive one grasshopper....I got my M3 discord off The House Boardshop Snowboards Snowboard Boots Bindings Clothing with a half decent pair of bindings for $210 shipped and it came with a World Industries backpack and a snowboarding video. M3 makes a good board and they have decent prices. I'll quit blabbing now.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 04:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
st.stark

That's where I am getting my Discord...Do you know if there is a real difference between the Discord, Discord Pro, and Discord SE?? They are all withing $30 of each other so I am somewhat confused why they are different (besides graphically of course). lol
Old 11-11-2007, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
BRAISKI

I just bought some stuff today

Burton Boots and its perfect they have 8.5 which is kinda hard to find and for $100, I was trying some 8s and it was a bit tight an not to mention my socks were thin.

Then I bought a Sims bindings for $90
Old 11-11-2007, 01:09 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
I just bought some stuff today

Burton Boots and its perfect they have 8.5 which is kinda hard to find and for $100, I was trying some 8s and it was a bit tight an not to mention my socks were thin.

Then I bought a Sims bindings for $90
How tight were they? Was it a painful tight, or a bit uncomfortable tight? Boots aren't supposed to fit like tennis shoes when you try them on in store.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 01:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
BRAISKI

Quote:
Originally Posted by boarderaholic
How tight were they? Was it a painful tight, or a bit uncomfortable tight? Boots aren't supposed to fit like tennis shoes when you try them on in store.
My toe is rubbing in the boot so it will hurt... It was also uncomfortable. When I tired the 8.5 it just feels right.

The thing is when I was renting last season there were no 8.5 so I was forced to use 8s and it wasnt the best fit, and the 9s were just a bit too big.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
BRAISKI

I finally bought a snowboard, I got the Atlantis 152 for $99 I wanted a "better" board but I cant justify to buy a more expensive board esp when I am still a beginner, so maybe nest season...

I finally got a better snowboard pants Four Square

I have a questions for the bindings, there is this short buckle strap thing hanging, do I have to connect it to my shoes or something?
Old 11-30-2007, 05:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
yso

that "short buckle strap thing" is a leash and yes you attach it to your boots. one end to the front binding and the other end to the boot.