LT Skunk Ape BTX ; NS Legacy Any reviews. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 07:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
oct6454

Question LT Skunk Ape BTX ; NS Legacy Any reviews.

hey, i'm geeting one of these boards in this coming week form a local shop the owner said they'd probably be getting both in this week so i got a decision on my hands. I've heard great things about NS and about Lib Tech. Looking for someone who has some first hand expierience with either of these boards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2009, 10:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Skunk Ape is basically a backcountry banana machine, the Legacy-R is the wide version of the SL-R, which is well-liked here.

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 12:02 AM   #3 (permalink)

I actually just demoed the Skunk Ape and had a lot of fun on it. I had a chance to ride it at Vail and Beaver Creek while I waited to find a Legacy to purchase. The Skunk Ape was great to mess around on, but I did not feel too stable on the btx. If I wasn't centered on the board I felt like I was going to slip out especially in the trees. It did ride well in the powder especially for a shorter board (157).

The Legacy is incredible and handles everything the Skunk Ape can just much better. It is far more stable, easier to press, carves better, and floats great. I got the Legacy in a 159 and at 6'1 and 180lbs I feel right at home on it. The only issues I have with the Legacy so far is getting used to going over moguls/powder mounds. The boards(like the Skunk Ape) wants to pop off of them rather then ride right through. I figure this is due to the rocker/btx in the boards. With more time on the board I am sure I will get used to it.

Simply, get the Legacy and don't look back.
Swiftmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Just rode this board today in some decently deep powder in Jackson Hole. Handles powder so well I barely had to ever lean back. Unbelievable.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
oct6454

Default Thanks. . . .

Ok . . . sounds like i got a pretty good idea of what i want. I had heard great things about both and was wondering how the NS's half RC half camber compared with the full RC of the skunk ape.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I ride the SL-R, what kind of riding do you do? Its a really solid board thats for sure, great in massive pow.
Jenzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

I feel like the NS RC technology makes it more stable and you don't have to stay so centered on the board. With the skunk ape I felt like if I were to carve in the pow or in moguls while leaning back it would wash out pretty easily. Even while riding straight on catwalks and trails I felt like the board wanted to move side to side on the rocker rather than stay stable straight ahead.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:28 PM   #8 (permalink)
oct6454

Default Riding. . . .

I mostly ride powder well not mostly but when i can other wise just steep groomed runs. I have a park board but it doesn't float at all. I also own a burton bullet. It floats pretty well but it seemes so slow edge to edge.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:21 PM   #9 (permalink)

I was in between these two boards too. I went with the NS Legacy and I have no regrets. It's a great board!

2009 Forum Youngblood 155cm (Park)
2009 Burton Cartel Bindings
$ickZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote