Need good board... Little problem though.... Help? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Exclamation Need good board... Little problem though.... Help?

Hi all, so i have a little issue, or should I say big.... I'm 16 and I wear size 15 boots, so I preferably need a 26.9cm board or so for waist width, and and I weigh 140 lbs and 5'10"... So the problem is obvious. Most wide boards are made for big dudes and I'm rather on the slim side. However it's a wide board or it's slalom style for me, and that's not what I want. I've tried it but it just requires a LOT of speed. I mostly like fresh powder and mountain riding, not freestyle. I also can't afford 5 and 600$ Boards, maybe in the future but right now just cheap. I'm looking for a good, wide, and light board, camber style doesn't really matter, but I do like double rockers with a good cutting edge. thanks!!

Edit: I forgot to mention that we are going to be moving closer to the snow soon so I have no qualms about buying a board soon (cheap though!) as my feet seem to be stopping their insane growth... Thanks guys.

Last edited by Lonewolf; 12-10-2013 at 03:20 PM.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-12-2013, 02:20 AM   #2 (permalink)

Yeah, it's sounds like a "big" problem. But since you're 16 your feet probably won't grow more, which is good. I'd recommend the following:

* Go to a good boot fitter, if you haven't done so already, and get a boot with a lot of shrinkage tech, such as Burtons. And make sure they're the tightest comfortable size possible.
* Go to the gym and gain some weight in muscles, dude. Apart from making you heavier it will make you stronger and thus more able to control a bigger board.
* Some of K2's wide boards are quite wide, such as Slayblade: 159w waist 264, Raygun 157w 262, 160w 265. The Raygun isn't supposed to be too stiff so it wouldn't be unmanageable despite being above your weight range. It's fairly cheap and if you can find last year's it'll be cheaper.
* Rossignol One MagTek 157w, waist 264. A more high end board.
* Or you could check out Freestyle boards! Sized up they will be stiffer and you can use them as all mountain/powder boards. An oversized Freestyle board with rocker SHOULD work well in powder, if you set it back.
* If you can find last year's Burton Honcho the waist of the 155w is 264 and of the 158w 265. It doesn't get raving reviews, and since it's regular camber you'll have to work it a little more in pow. But hey, it's a full wide and has a sintered base.

And with that, I leave the word to anyone who actually knows something about this...
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:58 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
Yeah, it's sounds like a "big" problem. But since you're 16 your feet probably won't grow more, which is good. I'd recommend the following:

* Go to a good boot fitter, if you haven't done so already, and get a boot with a lot of shrinkage tech, such as Burtons. And make sure they're the tightest comfortable size possible.
* Go to the gym and gain some weight in muscles, dude. Apart from making you heavier it will make you stronger and thus more able to control a bigger board.
* Some of K2's wide boards are quite wide, such as Slayblade: 159w waist 264, Raygun 157w 262, 160w 265. The Raygun isn't supposed to be too stiff so it wouldn't be unmanageable despite being above your weight range. It's fairly cheap and if you can find last year's it'll be cheaper.
* Rossignol One MagTek 157w, waist 264. A more high end board.
* Or you could check out Freestyle boards! Sized up they will be stiffer and you can use them as all mountain/powder boards. An oversized Freestyle board with rocker SHOULD work well in powder, if you set it back.
* If you can find last year's Burton Honcho the waist of the 155w is 264 and of the 158w 265. It doesn't get raving reviews, and since it's regular camber you'll have to work it a little more in pow. But hey, it's a full wide and has a sintered base.

And with that, I leave the word to anyone who actually knows something about this...
Hey! Thanks dude for the info. I already got the boots last season, Burton's, and now they fit pretty snug. (I actually don't think there is a bigger boot out there hehe) I ride duck, since I'm a switcher, so it takes a few mm off the needed waist. Forgot to calculate that! I am currently working out, no major weight gain though, but benching 80, so I guess not bad. Maybe. Thanks for all the boards dude! I'll definitely be looking into them. I was thinking a powder board, but those are über expensive and not many days you can ride them. anyway, thanks!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Hey! Thanks dude for the info. I already got the boots last season, Burton's, and now they fit pretty snug. (I actually don't think there is a bigger boot out there hehe) I ride duck, since I'm a switcher, so it takes a few mm off the needed waist. Forgot to calculate that! I am currently working out, no major weight gain though, but benching 80, so I guess not bad. Maybe. Thanks for all the boards dude! I'll definitely be looking into them. I was thinking a powder board, but those are über expensive and not many days you can ride them. anyway, thanks!
Ok. Something you might want to add to the equation is that the flex of many dedicated pow boards range from "stiff" to "stiff as fuck". Plus I think it's really only very dedicated and advanced riders that need a dediacated pow board. But see if you can find a K2 Ultra Dream 157w (waist 263) from last year at a reduced price; it's (according to the reviews) not extremely stiff and leans a bit toward all mountain.
Anticrobotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticrobotic View Post
Ok. Something you might want to add to the equation is that the flex of many dedicated pow boards range from "stiff" to "stiff as fuck". Plus I think it's really only very dedicated and advanced riders that need a dediacated pow board. But see if you can find a K2 Ultra Dream 157w (waist 263) from last year at a reduced price; it's (according to the reviews) not extremely stiff and leans a bit toward all mountain.
Hey, thought I'd share this. I just found it looking around, kinda what I'm looking for, just not the biggest waist out there.

Salomon Powder Snake Snowboard 2013 | evo outlet

Tags
free ride, mountain, size 15 boot, snowboards, wide board